TERMS & CONDITIONS OF BUSINESS
- Membership is valid for 12 months from the date the completed Membership application form is received by OBN (UK) Ltd.
- The Member agrees to pay the annual fees established for its membership type and class.
- Membership fees must be paid in full within 14 days of invoice, in order to access any Membership benefits.
- Membership will be terminated if fees remain unpaid for a period of one month.
- Where the Membership fees are unpaid, the Company reserves the right to charge the Member 100% of the value of any and all benefits received.
- If a Member Company resigns its membership during the 12 month period then no portion of the membership fee shall be refunded.
- Membership benefits apply to all employees of the Member Company.
- Changes to Membership benefits will be notified to the Member Company.
- A one-off £99 + VAT administration fee is applicable to all new member companies. OBN (UK) Ltd is a private company limited by guarantee with no share capital, i.e. a not for profit company, registered in England. As such, a sum of £1 (One Pound GBP), will be reserved from the above mentioned administration fee to cover the Member Company’s liability as a guarantor.
- Member Company details will be included in the OBN Membership Directory and on the OBN Membership Map, both of which are included on the OBN website. In the event that a Member Company does not want to be included in one or both of these listings, the Member Company is to inform OBN (UK) Limited by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once renewal instructions have been received and payment has been made, the Member Company’s benefits are reinstated in full immediately.
- Refunds connected with the renewal fee are not payable unless the membership type or level is amended as a result of OBN reviewing the application form (within 5 working days of the payment being received) and a lower fee is to be charged. In this situation, the appropriate refund will be confirmed by our Membership team within 5 working days and a refund will be made. In the event of OBN entering administration, membership fees shall not be refunded.
- Members attending OBN events will be subject to additional terms and conditions.
- Registration: Priority is given to OBN members but registration is otherwise accepted on a first-come-first-served basis. A waiting list will be maintained if the capacity of the event is exceeded. OBN (UK) Ltd reserves the right to decline registration/s at its discretion.
- Fees & Payment: Registration fees are to be received by OBN prior to the event. All our prices are subject to VAT at the prevailing UK rate. OBN accepts payment by credit card, BACS or cheque. Delegates are responsible for booking and paying for their own accommodation. Accommodation is not included in any of our prices. There may, however, be discounted rates available at selected hotels and these will be advised on the relevant event page.
- Concessions: Concessions are available to OBN Member Companies, in accordance with the Membership Benefits Matrix available here. If you are unsure as to whether your company is a member of OBN, please contact us on 01235 420 870 or email email@example.com
- Non-Member Companies: Attendance at OBN (UK) Ltd events by non-member companies is restricted to a maximum of 3 per year and is entirely at the discretion of OBN.
- Amendments to event programmes: We reserve the right to make amendments to our programmes, panels or speakers.
- Cancellation by OBN (UK) Ltd: We reserve the right to cancel a training course, workshop, conference, networking or any other event for any reason prior to the event date. We will inform you about the cancellation as soon as possible and refund any fees that have been paid. OBN (UK) Ltd will not be liable for reimbursement of any other costs relating to attendance at the event.
- In the event of OBN entering administration, no refund of registration fees will be made.
- Delegate cancellation, substitution and non-attendance: Please refer to the relevant event registration page on our website for details.
- Major Events: Specific Terms and Conditions related to BioTrinity, BioForward, Annual Awards Dinner, and BioSeed will be detailed on the relevant event website.
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR): Personal data collected will be used by OBN (UK) Ltd for the purpose of delegate and course administration and may also be disclosed to partners for co-hosted jointly run events and third parties offering partnering services for OBN (UK) Ltd events. The information may also be used by OBN (UK) Ltd for marketing purposes and you could be contacted by letter, telephone or e-mail with details of future events and courses organised or promoted by OBN (UK) Ltd which may be of interest. You have the option to unsubscribe from such communications at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Limitation of Liability: Except in respect of death or personal injury caused by the negligence of OBN (UK) Ltd, we shall not be liable by reason of any representation (unless fraudulent) or implied warranty condition or other term, or any duty at common law or under the express terms of this agreement, for any loss of profit or any indirect special or consequential loss, cost expenses or other claims for compensation. The entire liability of OBN (UK) Ltd to you under or in connection with your booking and event attendance shall not exceed the sum of the booking value.
OBN (UK) Ltd does not warrant or guarantee the services or products of any it members, sponsors or patrons and cannot accept any liability under any circumstance. Being a Member of OBN (UK) Ltd does not imply the endorsement of a company’s product or service and we may take action against any member we believe is abusing their membership status of OBN (UK) Ltd. Such action can be whatever OBN (UK) Ltd or its advisors deem appropriate, including but not limited to, suspension or cancellation of membership.
- Information Provision: From time to time, OBN (UK) Ltd may communicate information and guidance to members and non-members. Communication channels of such information include, but are not limited to, OBN (UK) Ltd’s website, OBN’s Linked In group, verbal or email communications with OBN (UK) Ltd staff and presentations at events. You have the option to unsubscribe from such communications by sending an email to email@example.com
Any such information or guidance is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted nor any warranty given in respect of the information or guidance. Any action (or inaction) on this information is solely the responsibility of the receiving party.
- Applicable Law: These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales.
Date of issue: May 2018