Synthetic Chemist I
Role and Responsibilities
- Synthesis of existing and new catalogue products. This will include developing synthesis routes or optimising current ones
- The scale of the synthesis may range from milligrams to 100’s grams
- Carry out characterisation and data analysis
- Record experimental detail and analytical data accurately
- Perform all laboratory work in a safe manner and comply with all regulations, adhere to company policies
- Share basic maintenance and housekeeping duties of laboratory equipment and chemistry laboratory areas
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
- BSc or MSc Graduate in organic chemistry, experience within carbohydrate, nucleoside or related research is an advantage
- Familiarity with a wide range of organic synthesis techniques
- A strong mechanistic understanding of synthetic chemistry
- Self-motivated, well organised and pro-active learner
- Able to work within a team, communicating confidently both in writing and orally, often under pressure to meet deadlines
Biosynth Carbosynth offers a range of benefits including:
- Competitive salary with annual salary reviews and annual discretionary performance bonuses
- Career progression opportunities within our rapidly expanding company
- Pension contributions
- Flexible working hours
- 33 days of holiday (including bank holidays)
- Shorter working days on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Alongside this list, we have a number of new and exciting benefits being introduced during 2022!
Biosynth Carbosynth® is a fully hybrid Research Products and CDMO Services company, and a global supplier of chemicals to a wide range of businesses including pharmaceutical, life science and diagnostic sectors. We pride ourselves on being world-leading experts in the field of enzyme substrates, carbohydrate and nucleoside chemistry. Our mission is to expand the reach of our expertise and provide it to innovators developing cutting-edge products that will improve the quality of life for millions of people worldwide.
Reliability is one of our major strengths; we have promptly responded to COVID-19 and have maintained a stable supply of products during global emergency. We are well-prepared to deal with uncertainty and keep supporting the global scientific community with biochemicals today, tomorrow and in years to come.
Headquartered in Switzerland, with manufacturing locations at five sites spanning three continents, we are a global company entering an exciting period of growth. This role is located at one of our Compton, UK sites; our offices are situated on the high street of a small village, surrounded by the tranquil Berkshire countryside.
How to apply
If you would like to be considered for this position, please upload a covering letter and your CV to : https://biosynthcarbosynth.peoplehr.net/Pages/JobBoard/Opening.aspx?v=fc301864-f987-46e3-b8bc-069b822bf484