Senior Image Analysis Scientist
At HistologiX we support our clients’ cutting-edge research, helping innovative biopharmaceuticals, monoclonal antibodies, biomarkers and immuno-oncology treatments gain regulatory approval. We are a niche GLP compliant laboratory with our experienced scientific team providing specialist immunohistochemistry (IHC), histology, digital pathology and image analysis solutions, working with pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies worldwide.
We have exciting opportunity for you to strengthen our Digital Pathology group and support the growing demand for digital image analysis projects.
- Do you have previous experience within an IHC/IF/histology/digital pathology role?
- Are you proficient in the use of image analysis software, philosophies and techniques, ideally Visiopharm and/or HALO by Indica Labs?
- Are you also experienced in data manipulation, statistical approaches and deployment of relevant software e.g. R and RStudio?
- Do you have a Degree or higher qualification in a Life Science subject with relevant post qualifying experience?
- Do you have project management experience ideally from working in a contract research organisation?
If yes, then this could be your next career move. In summary, you will provide support to the scientific team in the management and undertaking of complex or custom projects in Digital Pathology, focussing on image analysis. You will be based in the HistologiX laboratories in BioCity Nottingham during regular business hours, divided between the laboratory and office settings.
Responsibilities and Duties
A client focussed approach with strong scientific expertise is key to our business. Your main duties and responsibilities are:
- Coordinating a range of complex, custom projects successfully, whilst
ensuring on time and in budget completion all in line with client requirements.
- Communicating with clients in a professional manner, upholding company values. Providing appropriate advice on project design and scope as well as progress updates.
- Developing methods for novel projects ensuring the necessary standards are achieved.
- Maintaining a comprehensive knowledge of all related scientific and technical fields through continuing professional development - reading literature, liaison with scientific colleagues and attending conferences/meetings.
- Providing technical input to overcome the unexpected.
- Analysing and scrutinising data outputs, using appropriate visualisation techniques to deliver results to clients.
- Maximising output using effective forward planning and time management, whilst maintaining and supervising a work level of the highest quality.
- Leading the completion of study documentation including plans, forms, worksheets and reports.
- Assisting with training, mentoring and development of the team.
- Considering all aspects of supply chain, emerging technologies, service delivery, service offering, projects within the business and make suggestions to improve, innovate to drive business development opportunities. Developing processes, SOPs and strategy.
Additional Qualifications and Skills
- Advanced skill and expertise in digital pathology and image analysis.
- Tissue recognition, biological knowledge, identification of regions of interest.
- Excellent communication skills to be able to work across a fast-paced organisational team. Effective team player.
- Strong administrative and organisational skills with high attention to detail. Ability to work to defined timelines.
- Ability to adapt to all situations and to achieve tasks efficiently, within set deadlines.
If this sounds like a challenge you would be interested in, then please send in your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call for an informal discussion in the first instance.
Closing date for applications 20th October 2023.