Principal Medicinal Chemist
Working with the five existing members of the Chemistry Department and various UK and overseas Contract Research Organisations (CROs), the successful applicant will be responsible for driving medicinal chemistry projects and coordinating synthetic chemistry activities to ensure the delivery of high-quality small molecule development candidates within competitive timeframes, while safeguarding the Company’s intellectual property by advancing its patent estate.
- Manage remote teams of medicinal and synthetic chemists at CROs efficiently.
- Integrate project biology, DMPK, safety and toxicology data to enable successful hit-to-lead and lead optimisation campaigns through outstanding molecular design.
- Draft patent applications through collaboration with external patent attorneys and Contract Research Organisations.
- Work collaboratively within the Company’s project teams, with colleagues in biology and with external collaborators, such that objectives are met in a timely manner through the development of effective project plans.
- Communicate strategies effectively, and interpret and summarise complex data for presentation to different audiences.
- Prioritise work according to project goals and take responsibility for the timely delivery of objectives.
- Keep up to date with state-of-the-art technologies and knowledge of developments in medicinal chemistry and project-related areas of immunometabolism.
For full details about this role and how to apply, please follow this link