Pharmacology Scientist (Scientist II)
OMass Therapeutics is an early stage drug discovery company specialized in applying state of the art biophysical platform technologies to discover therapies for severe unmet medical needs in immunology and genetically defined disorders. The company was founded by Professor Dame Carol Robinson to leverage her pioneering work in native mass spectrometry, in studies of dynamic protein assemblies, to characterise challenging drug targets including membrane proteins. The high resolution of our biophysical platform offers an unprecedented advantage in the detection of drug leads.
The company vision is to build an integrated drug discovery company, with biophysical platform technologies at its core, and develop a pipeline of novel therapies. Our ambition is to develop and ultimately commercialise our products.
Following successful Series A funding, the company is expanding significantly in different areas. This is an excellent time to join a dynamic growing company.
OMass Therapeutics is inviting applications for the position of Pharmacology Scientist (Scientist II) to work within the Pharmacology Team. The company offers a thriving and creative environment for well-suited candidates to become an integral part of our future vision.
We are seeking a scientist with experience in molecular pharmacology to join our growing team to provide compound profiling support for our ongoing drug discovery projects. This is an exciting opportunity in the fast-paced environment of a biotech company and requires a self-starter who is proactive and enjoys challenging problems. We are looking for an enthusiastic team player who can assist in the development and running of in vitro assays to characterise the potency and mechanism of action of novel chemical modulators. The role is based in our Nottingham site.
Applications to be received by 9am (GMT) on Monday 1st November
Essential Experience and Skills
- MSc or BSc in Cell Biology/Pharmacology (or equivalent in related discipline).
- Experience working with cell-based or biochemical assays to assess the pharmacology of novel molecules across different protein target classes.
- Ability to independently analyse pharmacology data from functional and/or binding assays.
- Good working knowledge of different detection methodologies, including fluorescence- and luminescence-based techniques.
- Excellent interpersonal, collaborative and communication skills are a must.
- Ability to learn and implement new technologies and protocols.
- Ability to work and troubleshoot independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously as well as to prioritise and balance competing demands.
Preferred Experience and Skills
- · Experience in pharmaceutical/biotech industry
- · Experience in either GPCRs, solute carriers or inflammasome biology
- · Experience of automated liquid handling systems.
Applicants should provide a full CV and a brief cover letter describing their interest for, and compatibility with, the position.
All applications should be submitted online via our website www.omass.com/careers/.
Any queries relating to the role can be sent to email@example.com.
OMass Therapeutics values diversity and is committed to equality of opportunity, we also have full responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to work and live in UK.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Competitive salary and comprehensive employee benefits
Oxford Science Park