Business Development Manager
As YSDS continues to grow and the global Life Science and Specialty sectors require more bespoke logistics solutions, we are looking for our next Business Development Manager to join our fantastic UK team.
Reporting to our UK Country Manager, you will open doors, build networks, advocate new ideas and present our solutions to prospective customers in the Life Sciences sector. We don’t want to oversell this and tell you it’s something it isn’t, this is a sales role, and you’ll be generating your own leads, booking your own appointments, and really taking ownership of delivering revenue in your geography and vertical.
We’re a solutions business, this isn’t a one-size-fits-all product, but a bespoke service for each and every customer and shipment we handle. No two days are the same, and we think for the right person that is incredibly exciting.
As part of the country team, you’ll work closely with our operations coordinators, account managers, country manager, and global teams to tailor the best possible service and solution for the business that you win.
- Build new relationships with prospective customers in the Life Sciences sector
- Uncover and understand pain points in their logistics and shipping
- Present YSDS and our bespoke approach to shipping and logistics
- Remain top of mind, build the relationship, secure the business
- Work closely with operations to deliver a world-class service
- 3-7 years of experience in a sales/business development/client success role in a B2B environment preferably related to Life Sciences, Research and Development, Clinical Trials, IVD, Diagnostics, Pharma, Lab services, or B2B solutions
- It’s essential you have a solution and consultative approach
- Demonstrated skills in prospecting, relationship building, and relationship management
- Amazing communication skills, working internally and externally. (Our people are our business)
- Not afraid to be hands-on, we do not have a huge corporate support structure in place, we encourage an entrepreneurial approach and support where we can
Why join us?
🚀 Key moment to join YSDS in terms of growth and opportunities
💆♀️ Our people drive our business and are at the heart of every decision we make
📚 Fast-learning environment, entrepreneurial and strong team spirit
🌍 100+ People across 9 different offices, multiple nationalities, backgrounds, talents, world records, and achievements you wouldn’t believe
💶 Competitive salary package & global benefits package, company kickoff in Stockholm once a year, opportunities to travel globally, work/life balance, excellent office spaces, fantastic people to work with
At YSDS we move the world’s most valued goods to any location with a superior combination of service, care and technology.
Why? To do something no one has ever done before. To create real change. To move the world ahead.
We do things differently here, we care about the details, we don’t do half a job, and we have room for like-minded people to grow with us.
We believe diversity, equality and inclusion are foundational in creating the best team possible, and we’re committed to doing everything we can to make sure that happens. We’re still learning, and still working hard to make sure we live up to our DEI initiatives, and we’re committed to focusing on this every day.
Since 2006, our mission has been to bring superior service and innovation to the logistics industry. We provide high-quality logistics consulting and execution mainly in the fields of Life Science and Dangerous Goods working with incredible companies that are innovating in these sectors.
YSDS truly operates a people-first business. You will be a valued member of our global team, provided with support when you need it and opportunities to grow when you excel. In return, we ask for your commitment, passion, and effort to help us build and create the best bespoke logistics company in the world.
Have we grabbed your attention? Get in touch with me at Aaron.Pearce@ysds.com
Carlton Industrial Estate