Associate Scientist (non-lab based) - Translational Medicine
PsiOxus Therapeutics Ltd is an award-winning UK/US development stage biotechnology company developing novel therapeutics for the treatment of cancer, with a focus on immunotherapeutic approaches. Our clinically validated T-SIGn vector platform can deliver multiple therapeutic payloads to drive sustained reprogramming of the tumor micro-environment in both primary and metastatic sites thus enabling a new paradigm for future cancer care. We have a rapidly expanding pipeline of novel monotherapy and combination products to dramatically improve outcomes for patients with cancer. We have active collaborations in the UK & USA, including Bristol Myers Squibb, bluebird bio (Boston) on T-SIGn combinations with CAR-T cell therapy and with the Parker Institute for Cancer Immunotherapy (San Francisco).
We have an exciting new opportunity for an Associate Scientist to support the Translational Medicine team, in a predominantly non lab-based capacity, focussing on data compilation and study management.
Key areas of responsibility will include, but are not limited to:
- Management of biomarker data: collation, Quality Control and generating data summaries for presentation
- Maintaining key information relating to patients on PsiOxus clinical trials for use in summaries and presentations alongside biomarker data
- Supporting activities relating to the transfer of data between PsiOxus and external Data Management vendors
- Writing documentation in support of Analytical and Validation Studies
- Preparation of study data/documentation for archiving
We are looking for someone with a relevant life sciences degree and / a Masters’ degree. This role could suit someone straight out of university or having up to 1 – 2 years’ relevant industry experience after graduating. Experienced and skilled at handling data is essential and proficient in the use of graphing packages (eg. GraphPad, Excel). The role would suit an individual who is looking to make their first move out of the lab.
Applicants will be highly motivated with an excellent team-based approach but can work independently when appropriate to do so. Flexibility in managing workloads across more than one activity as well as being an effective communicator both orally and in writing is a must.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our team and become part of something very special. If you would like to apply please ensure you upload a covering letter as well as your CV, explaining to us why you are interested in this position. In return we offer a great working environment, an attractive remuneration package and a range of competitive benefits including:
- Competitive salary and discretionary bonus scheme
- Private medical insurance including optical and dental cover
- Critical illness cover
- Income protection
- Life Insurance
- Various offers via Perkbox including Nuffield annual health assessments
- Enhanced parental leave benefits
- 25 days holiday and the option to buy 5 additional days
- On-site parking
Applications will be evaluated in the order that they are received. You are therefore encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Due to the number of applications we receive only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
As part of our background screening process, we conduct Basic DBS checks on successful candidates.