The Vaccine Manufacturing and Innovation Centre (VMIC) promotes, develops and accelerates growth of the vaccine industry. This is achieved through collaboration with all areas of the vaccine industry, including academia, industry government and NGO sectors. VMIC assists with development and manufacture of vaccines at all stages of translational science, from post-discovery through to post-licensure. We will also enhance UK preparedness and response capabilities for producing vaccines against emerging infectious diseases by working closely with the UK government to rapidly develop and manufacture vaccines in the facility during an outbreak identified as a public health emergency of international concern.
The Systems & IT Support is responsible for the support of systems, devices and end users of IT on a day-to-day basis across VMIC. They will be involved in all IT aspects – hands-on problem resolution on systems or with endusers; input into IT strategy; technical decision making. Good customer service to both VMIC staff and guest collaborators is key.
• Support the configuration of IT infrastructure; deployment of operating system and application upgrades, security patches and other standard system management tasks.
• Manage small IT projects to scope, time and budget.
• Author SOPs and other documents as per VMIC’s standards and processes, meeting compliance expectations.
• Undertake such other duties as may be assigned by their line manager (or their appointed deputy) in the light of the post-holder’s knowledge and experience
• Monitor, diagnose and resolve problems with key IT systems to ensure systems work efficiently.
• Manage crisis situations and work under pressure to resolve problems. • Plan and undertake projects to improve and upgrade key IT systems as directed by the IT Manager.
• Produce relevant documentation and project plans.
• Manage and configure LAN
• To provide 2nd/3rd line technical support. • Provide technical expertise for 1st line IT support staff, sharing technical knowledge. • Extensive experience managing and maintaining Microsoft environments preferably Azure AD, Micorosft365 and other Azure-based services