CHAIN Biotechnology is a pre-clinical microbiome therapeutics company with a proprietary and highly differentiated bacterial drug development platform for oral vaccination. This overcomes many of the challenges associated with more conventional drug delivery. CHAIN’s bacteria form the drug product and are engineered to deliver specific therapeutic functionality. We focus on therapies for combating infectious diseases and for immuno-oncology applications. The company is based at MediCity in Nottingham (www.chainbiotech.com).
We have an exciting new opportunity for Research & Development Manager to support the development and pre-clinical evaluation of our vaccine candidates. The role involves managing a multi-disciplinary research team (engineering biology, microbiology, and fermentation) alongside managing projects with our academic collaborators and CRO’s. The focus is on the development and testing of our live biotherapeutic drug candidates and the generation of pre-clinical efficacy data.
Key areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to:
- Manage a small multi-disciplinary research team at Nottingham
- Play a leading role in project design/experimental planning and data analysis/interpretation
- Plan and prioritise workloads across the team
- Manage CHAIN’s external collaborations and partnerships
- Report progress to Senior Managers/Board
The ideal candidate will:
- Adopt a strong team-oriented and openly communicative approach to all activities, while working independently and proactively where appropriate.
- Create and develop hypotheses, study designs and/or methods based on technical experience.
- Have a broad understanding of the drug development process. Provide scientific input and guidance that can help shape company development strategy.
- Represent the company at relevant conferences and external meetings including presenting of results.
- Play a leading role in grant applications and support patent drafting.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual with a relevant life sciences degree/PhD plus significant subsequent experience, including relevant academic or industrial research in the fields of immunology and/or engineering biology and microbiology. Ideally, applicants will have experience in the pre-clinical evaluation of immunomodulatory agents.
Candidates must have demonstrable strong and effective team and communication skills as well as flexibility in managing workloads across more than one activity and possess advanced problem-solving abilities.
Apply in writing with a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 24th Dec 2020