OMass Therapeutics is an early stage drug discovery company specialized in applying state of the art biophysical platform technologies to discover therapies for severe unmet medical needs in immunology and genetically defined disorders. The company was founded by Professor Dame Carol Robinson to leverage her pioneering work in native mass spectrometry, in studies of dynamic protein assemblies, to characterise challenging drug targets including membrane proteins. The high resolution of our biophysical platform offers an unprecedented advantage in the detection of drug leads.
The company vision is to build an integrated drug discovery company, with biophysical platform technologies at its core, and develop a pipeline of novel therapies. Our ambition is to develop and ultimately commercialise our products.
Following successful Series A funding, the company is expanding significantly in different areas. This is an excellent time to join a dynamic growing company.
OMass Therapeutics is inviting applications for a lab manager position, focused on managing the laboratories on our Oxford site. The company offers a thriving and creative environment for a well-suited candidate to become an integral part of our future vision.
You will be responsible for managing the laboratory to support the development of the company's protein biochemistry, mass spectrometry and chemistry pipelines. You must have experience in working in a scientific environment to apply for this role.
Applications to be received by December 22, 2020.
- Accountable for managing all aspects of lab operations, including internal processes and liaising with external suppliers
- Accountable for maintenance of laboratory equipment and instruments, including arranging for routine servicing and coordinating ad hoc repair requirements.
- Responsibility for effective implementation of, and adherence to, H&S policies. Working closely with H&S officers.
- Responsible for lab induction and training of new staff
- Liaising with scientific teams and managing inventory levels for all consumables and reagents to support scientific work. This includes purchasing, receiving and sorting general supplies, and also those that require specialist handling.
- Placing purchasing orders with suppliers, tracking and follow up the orders, ensuring the stock is received and re-ordered. Manage shipments to external suppliers and our Nottingham site.
- Proactively optimise lab set up and organisation for teams, with an eye to continuously improving safe and effective processes.
A degree or equivalent combination of training and experience in molecular biology, biochemistry, chemistry, life sciences or other relevant area
The preferred candidate will have the following essential experience, skills, and capabilities:
- Laboratory management in a scientific or bio-medical environment
- Knowledge and demonstrable experience of interpreting and applying Health and Safety regulations and procedures in a biomedical facility
- Familiarity with equipment for protein expression and purification, such as AKTA purification systems, centrifuges, tissue culture shakers, incubators.
- Ability to diagnose problems and develop solutions, both independently and as part of a team-based approach
- Stock management control and maintenance of inventory levels, purchase of goods to maintain stocks and consumables
- Well-organised, demonstrable ability to prioritise and manage time and tasks effectively
- Good numeracy and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to work flexibly within a team as well as work independently
- Computer literate and ability to familiarise with different IT systems
- Proactive and flexible attitude to problem solve and respond to changing demands
- Familiarity with mass spec instruments and their maintenance
Applicants should provide a full CV with a list of their employment history and relevant experience to date, contact details for 2 referees and a cover letter describing their interest for, and compatibility with, the position.
OMass Therapeutics values diversity and is committed to equality of opportunity, we also have full responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to work and live in UK.
All applications should be sent to email@example.com
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Competitive salary and comprehensive employee benefits