Tissue Solutions is a leading provider of human bio-specimens for researchers worldwide which are used by our clients to develop and test new therapies. We are ISO 9001:2015 certified and provide the pharmaceutical and biotech industries with high-quality sample sets from a global network of more than 200 sources. Samples include diseased and normal tissue in fresh, frozen, and FFPE formats. We guarantee samples with the highest possible ethical compliance, offering reliable and efficient sourcing of biological material globally.
Due to continued and rapid growth, we have an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Manager to join our Business Development Team. The role will be focussed on business growth within the UK, further strengthening relationships with existing clients as well as seeking out new opportunities. The successful candidate can be home-based with the requirement to attend our offices in Glasgow. Effective communication with clients face-to-face, via the telephone and email, is expected. There will also be the opportunity to attend tradeshows and end-user visits both in the UK and internationally. They will have direct responsibility for strengthening relationships with existing key clients as well as seeking out new clients and ultimately growing these into key accounts.
This role would suit a highly motivated individual with proven sales experience within the Life Sciences industry, preferably with experience selling services to pharmaceutical and biotech clients.
Responsibilities and Duties
A client focussed approach with strong customer service is key to our business. Your main duties and responsibilities are:
- To develop new Pharma/biotech/CRO’s clients while maintaining our current client base
- To arrange and undertake client visits throughout the UK, with particular focus on Oxford, Cambridge, and London
- To be part of various exhibitions attended by Tissue Solutions throughout the year
- Direct responsibility for the growth of Tissue Solutions by meeting defined revenue targets.
- Develop and implement strategies for the growth of existing key clients
- Proactively seek out new opportunities for Tissue Solutions products and services within new clients
- Develop an extensive market knowledge of your territory
- Develop a detailed knowledge of competitors, their activities, and business risk
- Maintain up to date and accurate records within our CRM
- Provide accurate sales reporting and forecasting of future opportunities
- Engage effectively with other teams and individuals within Tissue Solutions and its parent company, to drive enquiries forward and provide clients with the information they need as efficiently as possible
- Manage customer expectations with effective communication
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree in Life Sciences preferred
- 5 years of business development experience in pharmaceutical biotech and/or CRO space
- Proven track record in sales
- Demonstrated ability to grow customer accounts
- Capable of self-motivation and independence
- Client focussed approach with the ability to build strong client relationships
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Willingness to travel
- Business Development: 5 years
- Life Science Degree, PhD preferred