To view and apply for this role, please click here.
Reading Scientific Services Ltd (RSSL) is a cutting-edge Contract Research Organisation (CRO), providing research, analysis and consultancy to the food and pharmaceutical sectors. Whether we are creating new products, validating medicines or solving investigations, we take pride in being a leader in our field, serving clients from across 60 countries.
In 2019, we’ve been recognised as Enlightened Employer, Women in Business and Thames Valley Tech finalists and in 2018 one of our family earned the Food & Drink Federation’s Scientist of the Year. Enriched by our parent company Mondelēz International, our diverse team includes 23 nationalities from 300 members, creating a family feel as we strive towards our mission of “Science Enhancing Lives”.
Purpose of the Role
In RSSL we are customer focused, science led and results driven. The RSSL Pharmaceutical Microbiology laboratory performs a wide range of analytical analyses for a variety of food, pharmaceutical and healthcare companies and supports Mondelez research and innovation.
The role as Technician is to be responsible for performing a range of routine activities to support effective completion of projects and meet the customer’s contractual agreements. Perform lab admin and housekeeping activities, basic routine microbiological analysis and work in accordance with the quality standards within Pharmaceutical Microbiology laboratory.
- Provide high quality customer service at all times by ensuring effective organisation of assigned workload, integrity of analytical data generated and timely/accurate provision of results.
- Perform a range of basic routine pharmaceutical analysis using aseptic technique under supervision of a senior member of staff.
- Operate basic lab equipment as directed.
- Be competent in the use of generic and specific software packages required for the role: Laboratory’s LIMS system, Q-Pulse, etc.
- Provide training in routine activities.
- Perform Lab admin and housekeeping duties as directed.
- Will be expected to work in different laboratories if the demand is required.
- Communication & Influence
- Work as part of an efficient analytical team.
- Work to the highest standards of safety and quality by ensuring that appropriate COSHHs, risk assessments and SOPs are understood and followed.
- To complete assigned quality actions on a timely manner
- To maintain a clean, tidy and safe working environment.
- To understand and work to the requirements of GMP and UKAS.
- Ensure training records are accurate.
- Knowledge: including education, qualifications and training
- Educated to A / HNC level in a relevant scientific discipline.
- Skills/Leadership Competencies
- Accountable, honest, hardworking and able to work efficiently in a team.
- Flexible and adaptable to meet customer/business requirements.
- Meticulous attention to detail and an ability to follow written instructions.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Self motivated, enthusiastic and quick to learn.
- Well organized and capable of working on multiple activities concurrently.
- Computer literate in standard MS office applications.
- Scientific understanding of basic lab equipment.
- Understanding of basic Microbiological techniques (e.g. Aseptic technique) (Preferred).
- Working within a Microbiology laboratory environment (Preferred).
- English Fluency (written and spoken).
We pride ourselves on having a high performing and collaborative culture where we offer support and development to enhance your career and develop your knowledge and skills.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package within a highly successful International business that offers financial rewards and resources, including bonus scheme, contributory pension, life assurance, generous holiday allowance and a flexible benefits programme.
Please be aware that this role may require handling of materials that may contain chemicals, solvents and allergens, and the appropriate protective wear will be supplied.