COMPENSATION: Competitive with share options available
LOCATION: BioEscalator, Old Road Campus, Oxford
CONTRACT TYPE: Permanent
NUCLEOME THERAPEUTICS is an exciting new venture that just spun out from a decade of research at Oxford University with the aim to unlock the non-coding part of the genome to help deliver life changing treatments.
We are building a passionate, creative and dedicated multi-disciplinary team of scientists with expertise in gene regulation, genomics, machine learning, data analysis and software development, whose mission is to decode and mine the regulatory “dark matter” of the human genome to transform drug target discovery and help deliver the next generation of genetically guided therapeutics. We are building a rewarding and fun environment where people embrace creative ways of thinking, take smart risks, and feel empowered to make a difference.
We are looking for an informatics competent Biologist or biology competent Bioinformatician who is a self-starter, proactive and wants to work in a dynamic environment of a start-up. As an early member of the team, you will have an integral role in the venture and take ownership of the work.
THE ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Triage and prioritisation of potential targets identified by our proprietary technology, for relevance in a drug discovery context.
- Through access of relevant databases and software tools, combined with direct experience of drug discovery, evaluate the druggability of potential targets.
- Through interpretation of relevant scientific literature and use of appropriate software tools evaluate potential for effectiveness of target mechanisms and pathways in tackling disease.
- Through good understanding of drug discovery technology and approaches, assess target / mechanism do ability in terms of practical execution of the project from idea to candidate molecules.
- Assess competitive landscape of potential targets and mechanisms.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- PhD (or equivalent) in life sciences related disciplines
- Demonstrable experience in target identification, validation and drug discovery in Biotech or Pharma setting
- Knowledge and use of common databases, resources and tools for assessing target do-ability
- Direct experience of Ligand or structure-based drug design and / or systems biology
- Good understanding of the technology and biology requirements for developing suitable assays and screen cascades in drug discovery
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate complex ideas to technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Experience supporting and collaborating with computational scientists
- Flexible and co-operative approach to colleagues.
- Strong organisational and time management skills; as well as the ability to prioritise and balance competing demands.
- A positive "can-do" and result oriented attitude, with openness to new ideas and the ability to
- work flexibly in a highly dynamic environment.
- Experience with lymphocyte cell biology and targets.
- Experience in auto-immune disease biology, pathways and mechanisms.
- Knowledge and/or strong interest in transcriptional regulation.
- Demonstrated experience in understanding complex biological data.
- Direct experience of developing assays and the building of screen cascades that ensure translation from idea to candidate.
- Direct experience of omics data and other big data sources.
To apply please send us your CV at email@example.com. If you know someone who could be a good fit, please share this posting with them.
At Nucleome Therapeutics equality, diversity and inclusion is really important to us. We welcome applications from all candidates irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief, or marital or civil partnership status.