PsiOxus Therapeutics Ltd is an award-winning UK/US development stage biotechnology company developing novel therapeutics for the treatment of cancer, with a focus on immunotherapeutic approaches. We have a first- generation oncolytic virus and three transgene-expressing T-SIGn cancer gene therapy candidates in Phase I/II clinical development, and are further developing our innovative platform technology and pipeline of new pre-clinical and research candidates.
We have an exciting new opportunity for an experienced Senior Scientist to join our Research team, supporting the generation and characterisation of oncolytic therapies for cancer. Reporting directly to the VP of Immunology, this role will involve both practical laboratory work and taking a leading role in design, data analysis and interpretation of studies.
Key areas of responsibility will include, but are not limited to:
- Taking a lead role in investigating the immunology of enadenotucirev-based viruses and designing/evaluating potential new candidates and approaches for targeting tumours
- Supporting the characterisation of viruses, taking a lead role in a subset of studies, through directly designing, setting up, carrying out and analysing data from experiments
- Actively participating in developing and using new in-house techniques, analyses and problem solving to generate key data for projects
- Interpreting data (own and from other team members) to create and develop hypotheses, study designs, and/or methods
- Providing technical & scientific input and guidance to help shape project strategy; may take on project leadership activities as needed
- Effectively and proactively communicating study designs/plans, data, interpretations/hypotheses as well as potential next steps in an appropriate and timely manner (both verbal and written) with line manager, other team members and project teams
- Adopting a strong team-oriented and openly communicative approach to all activities, while working independently and proactively where appropriate
We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual with a relevant life sciences degree/PhD plus significant subsequent experience, including relevant academic or industrial research in the field of immunology.
Applicants must have experience designing, documenting, implementing and interpreting a broad repertoire of in vitro and ex vivo cellular immunology studies and assays as well as experience of preclinical evaluation of immunomodulatory agents. Experience of in vivo immunology, antibody-based immunoassays and molecular immunological approaches would also be desirable.
Candidates must have demonstrable strong and effective team and communication skills as well as flexibility in managing workloads across more than one activity and possess advanced problem-solving abilities.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our team and become part of something very special. If you would like to apply please ensure you upload a covering letter as well as your CV, explaining to us why you are interested in this position. In return we offer a great working environment, an attractive remuneration package and a range of competitive benefits.
The closing date for applications is 28 June 2020, however applications will be evaluated in the order that they are received. You are therefore encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed via video conference.