We are a leader in liquid biopsy. Every day we transform the lives of cancer patients and their families through the power of liquid biopsy. Our tests unlock essential genomic information from a simple blood test and allow clinicians to make more informed treatment decisions for their patients.
We are dynamic and innovative, focused on the development of new ground-breaking technologies in a fast-paced and international setting. Our exceptional team of talented and driven individuals work together to combine their energy and expertise in world-class research, product development and commercialization to bring new tests to the patients that need them.
If making a difference is in your DNA and you are ready to join the liquid biopsy revolution, then you could be just the person we are looking for to join our team based in Cambridge, UK!
The R&D Computational Biology group are looking to recruit a highly motivated bioinformatician to develop the next generation of analysis methods to detect and monitor ctDNA. This role will interact closely with the assay development team on design of new products and improvement of existing assays. This position offers the exciting opportunity to work at the frontier of cancer diagnostics while participating in the entire product development pipeline from concept, clinical validation, to commercial product launch.
This role will involve the understanding and application of statistical methodologies to genomic data sets for the analysis of NGS cancer genomics data, biomarker development, innovative algorithm design and optimisation of Inivata’s technology. We expect that applicants will have prior experience in the field of bioinformatics or statistical genomics, involving a good understanding of NGS analysis with an MSc or PhD degree in a relevant field and/or industry experience.
There is flexibility for the exact profile and experience of the applicant, provided that they can demonstrate qualities in the general area of computational biology and motivation to join a rapidly growing company in the field of cancer genomics.
- Contribute to the development of novel methodologies and algorithms for the analysis of circulating tumor DNA.
- Develop and implement statistical algorithms for the analysis of genomic data sets, such as variant calling, background model estimation or scoring methods.
- Analyze, summarize and interpret NGS data sets using existing and customized approaches.
- Device new analytical solution in the context of assay development and clinical data analysis.
- Develop production ready, regulatory compliant code in partnership with the software development team.
- Support the rollout, optimisation and improve scalability of Inivata’s analysis pipelines.
- PhD in the field of computational biology/bioinformatics, or significant experience in that space.
- Significant working experience in statistics and applying statistical techniques to biological problems (Essential).
- Experience with next generation sequence data analysis (Essential).
- Experience in novel algorithm development or data mining (Essential) and machine learning (Desired).
- Scientific programming experience (proficiency in one or more among R, Python, C etc.) (Essential).
- Experience with Unix environment, high-performance computing and common bioinformatics tools and resources (Desired).
- Experience with cancer genomics or other genomics data (Desired).
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and ability to effectively communicate ideas and results in a multi-disciplinary environment (Essential).
- Prior development experience in a regulatory environment, familiarity with software management (version control) and quality assurance, such as ISO 13485, EN 62304, ISO 15189 (Desired).
Inivata Limited is based in Cambridge, UK.
No agencies please.
The closing date for applications is the: 29th May 2020
To Apply: https://cezanneondemand.intervieweb.it/inivata/jobs/bioinformatics_scientist__statistical_genomics_9726/en/
Our TRANSFORM Values guide all our activities:
Team, Results, Ambitious, Nimble, Solutions, Focused, Openness, Recognize, Make a difference