Position Title: Senior Scientist
Reports to: Scientific Director
Reporting to this position: N/A
Neuro-Bio Ltd (www.neuro-bio.com) is a 6-year-old biotechnology company with an exciting and highly novel approach to tackling Alzheimer’s Disease. The company is seeking to appoint a Senior Scientist/ at their state-of-the-art facility at the Culham Science Centre, near Oxford. This is a permanent role suiting an experienced post-doc level neuroscientist.
The company focuses on (i) developing a first-in-class blood biomarker and (ii) an innovative therapy to halt the progression of neurodegeneration in its pre-symptomatic phase: the successful candidate will contribute to both programmes. The ideal candidate will have had appropriate experience of research in the pharmaceutical sector, specifically in research involving CNS disorders.
- Experience at post-doctoral level in membrane receptor-ligand interactions.
- Ideally, experience in in vitro techniques specifically binding assays
- Familiarity in drug discovery processes and dealing with CROs
- Biotech or Pharma industry experience.
- Familiarity with nicotinic receptors.
- Familiarity with medicinal chemistry and possible knowledge of in silico techniques to study of receptor sites.
- Interest in Alzheimer’s and/or related degenerative disorders.
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Highly motivated
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- A sound familiarity with IT
The post offers the opportunity of working within a fast-paced lab environment within the research and development industry with an exciting and novel approach to understanding and treating Alzheimer’s disease. The successful candidate will be part of the scientific group, complemented by a strong managerial team who oversee the general administrative affairs of the company.
Salary to be negotiated, dependent on experience and qualifications but between £30-£35K.
Further background information on Neuro-Bio can be obtained from the website (www.neuro-bio.com). Please send applications including a CV and the names of 2 referees to Sara Garcia Ratés (email@example.com).