TBAT Innovation are pleased to announce that there is up to £5 million available in grant funding for collaborative R&D projects via Innovate UK’s Digital Health Technology Catalyst competition.
The opportunity is available for UK based SME’s to lead projects that develop new digital technology solutions to healthcare challenges for both clinical and non-clinical use. Successful projects will be awarded between £300,000 and £1 million in funding and will also be given the opportunity to access the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) DataLab for real-world data advisory services which will add significant value for future business propositions.
If you are developing a digital health solution that involves technologies such as immersive (VR and AR), intelligent (AI and machine learning), connected (sensors and IoT) and data driven (informatics and data analytics), then this could be the funding competition for you.
The types of projects that could be funded include:
- clinical decision-making support
- technologies that improve access to healthcare or help treatment compliance or provide patient led management
- digital technologies and products which help overcome privacy challenges of managing, sharing and exploiting data
- projects addressing the patient-led experience from prevention, through diagnosis, treatment and recovery, to long-term care
- applications of technology to health challenges where digital solutions offer and can demonstrate significant improvements in quality, speed, cost, outcomes and learning
The competition is due to open for applications on 11th February and our in-house digital health technology expert is on-hand to assist your business decipher if your technology/project would be suitable for this competition, provide advice to get your project ready and help write or review your application, ready for submission by the 10th April.
All our consultants are well versed in the criteria that Innovate UK assessors want to see in an application, and the types of innovative use of technologies that are likely to be funded. Our success rate for UK grant applications is 76%, having secured over £19 million in funding for our clients over the past 12 months.
Get in touch with us today to secure our expertise to maximise your chance of success in this round of the Digital Health Technology Catalyst.
Further information on the scope and eligibility of the competition can be found here.