Posted on Tuesday, October 17, 2017 By Wendy Tindsley
£35,000 – £56,000
Comprehensive benefits, pension and bonus structure available
We are rapidly growing our core team and are looking for an experienced bioinformatician who is driven and passionate about solving complex challenges. You should possess a strong background in bioinformatics and have shown to be a creative force in the field of bioinformatics through published peer-reviewed articles. You might have collaborated with researchers in applied sciences or shown the ability to apply your skills in settings outside your field of expertise. Our mission is to employ technology to help our clients develop better drugs faster.
Aigenpulse' headquarters are in London. You would be working on-site in Milton Park with our clients in Oxfordshire.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We provide flexible working arrangements and value a positive work-life balance.
- Working closely with the team to develop the core technology of the company.
- Driving the development of our scientific computing platform.
- Applying strong expertise in analysis of biological data
- Drawing on excellent experience with bioinformatic tools and/or pipeline development in an academic or professional environment
- Untangling complex challenges and eliciting the underlying cause
- Working with clients to solve their business challenges
- Executing full lifecycle software development
- Writing well designed, testable and efficient code
- Documenting and maintaining software functionality
- Project owner – will be responsible for key aspects of projects, which can include specific business needs and figuring out the right solutions, data types and analysis techniques to address them
- Rapid prototyping and agile development
- Teaching new skills to other team members
- Presenting and depicting the rationale of findings in simple, engaging and easy to understand business terms to a diverse group of co-workes and clients.
- Efficiently communicating and working together with an interdisciplinary team
- Nurture relationships with clients on a scientific and management level
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
Your core skills & qualifications:
- Fully proficient with a programming language (Python, Java or similar)
- Subject matter expert in at least one: Mass Spectrometry, Next Generation Sequencing, Image Analysis or Phylogenetics.
- Proficient with databases
- Relevant degree in computational sciences or related field (preferably PhD)
- Ability to adapt and prioritise
- Ability to work under demanding timelines
- Consistent track record of designing and implementing software solutions
- Post-doctoral or industry experience
- Working with large datasets preferably in a distributed environment.
- Exposure to MVC’s or similar
- Experience in working as an applied scientist
- Commercial Awareness
To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter care of Human Resources to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Lastname, First name - Job ID: 20170917-BI.
Applications close 12th December 2017
Posted on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 By Amy Izzard
The Oxford Academic Health Science Network (AHSN) is delivering seven programmes and themes that encompass a broad range of initiatives to improve the health outcomes and prosperity of the 3.3m people in the region.The CIA and Strategic and Industry Partnerships Programmes are critical to delivering against the Accelerated Access Review.
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager to work with the Director of Clinical Innovation Adoption and team to support the delivery of key projects. The role will be instrumental in facilitating the successful uptake of innovations to create health benefits for patients and financial benefits for providers and suppliers.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a strong background in managing and delivering complex projects, and have a good understanding of the NHS landscape. You will also work closely with colleagues in other AHSN programmes/themes, and multiple stakeholders across the NHS, life sciences industries, and academia.
The job description and ...