- DMPK Scientist/Senior Scientist
- 1 year contract
- Competitive salary plus benefits
- Based in Cambridge UK
Proximagen is a drug discovery and development company focused on developing small molecule therapeutics addressing diseases of the CNS, pain and inflammation. It is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Upsher-Smith Laboratories Inc. (USL), with an integrated drug discovery facility in Cambridge, UK.
Proximagen has well equipped modern research facilities on the Babraham Research Campus near Cambridge, including state of the art UPLC-MS/MS equipment and robotics for semi-automated sample preparation in the Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics department. We have a vibrant pipeline which includes a diverse range of projects spanning early discovery through to Phase II clinical trials. Salary and benefits packages are designed to attract candidates of the highest calibre.
We are ideally looking for a DMPK Scientist/Senior scientist to take a role supporting our Discovery projects. Working as part of a small team of DMPK scientists reporting directly to the Head of DMPK, you will join multifunctional project teams, and following training, take responsibility for running a number of routine screens supporting Drug Discovery. We will consider scientists with transferable skills who would like to move into DMPK, and will provide training.
- Working in the DMPK department, carrying out bioanalysis in accordance with SOPs, and Health and Safety guidelines, using HPLC-MS/MS and UPLC-MS/MS
- Regular metabolic stability and solubility screen of novel compounds using LC-MS/MS and semi-automated robotic sample preparation
- Protein binding assays of novel compounds using high-throughput Rapid Equilibrium dialysis technique and UPLC-MS/MS
- Analyse UPLC-MS purity data on novel compounds prior to compound submission.
- Calculation of PK parameters using Phoenix/WinNonLin.
- Responsible for operation of UPLC-mass spec systems including creation of optimised MS methods for novel compounds.
- Preparation of mobile phases for open access UPLC/HPLC systems.
- Producing high quality data, recording in Excel and Word templates and electronic notebook, circulating results in a timely manner, and contributing to the QC checking of DMPK reports with a strong attention to detail.
- Working closely with medicinal chemistry and biology teams to ensure the fast turnaround of screening data.
- Involvement in project teams and associated meetings and presentation of own data where appropriate.
- Preferred Qualifications and Competencies
- BSc /MSc in a relevant scientific discipline (or equivalent).
- Ideally 2-3 years’ experience in a similar setting.
- Practical laboratory experience including, ability to multitask, problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates high attention to detail.
- Ability to think flexibly.
Proximagen is offering a highly competitive package. Benefits will include a contributory pension scheme, life insurance and private medical insurance. How to apply If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining your suitability for this role, your current salary and providing your CV. Please use ‘DMPK Scientist/Senior Scientist’ in the subject box of your email. The closing date for applications is 28th April 2017.
How to apply
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to email@example.com outlining your suitability for this role, your current salary and providing your CV.
Please use ‘DMPK Scientist/Senior Scientist’ in the subject box of your email.
The closing date for applications is 28th April 2017.