Oxford Expression Technologies Ltd is one of the leading suppliers of baculovirus expression kits and services within the Recombinant Protein and Gene Expression market, as well as undertaking significant research and development activities. We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Finance and Administration Officer. This is a key role, working closely with the CEO, Founding Director and senior scientists in all aspects of managing finances and administration to achieve excellent organisational standards across the company. This is an exciting opportunity for someone seeking to further advance their financial and administrative skills within a successful and growing biotech company. The position would suit someone wishing to work full-time or part-time (0.6 FTE minimum).
OET started in 2007 and undertakes sector-leading research and development into the baculovirus expression vector system with applications in vaccine, diagnostic and recombinant protein production services for commercial and research institutions world-wide. The company also supplies expression kits and a range of associated products to global customers both directly from our base in Headington, Oxford and via an extensive distribution network.
- To be responsible for company accounting systems using Sage 50 software and Microsoft Excel spreadsheets; customer and supplier invoicing, credit control, new customer set up
- To schedule and process domestic and international payments; reconciling bank accounts
- To be responsible for financial reporting including preparation of nominal ledger journals for monthly budget reports and other ad–hoc financial reports for management team meetings
- To prepare VAT returns and EC sales lists
- To liaise with, and support, the company accountant in the preparation of monthly and annual budget reports, year-end forecasting and annual budgetary statements
- To keep up to date with company financial and statutory requirements
- To manage HR related transactions relating to payroll and pensions; to maintain annual leave, sick leave and HR records using an online HR system
- To provide administrative support for the CEO including answering phone, passing on messages, liaison with customers, booking rooms, car parking for visitors, hospitality, letters and record keeping as required
- To keep records of royalties and send statements as they become due
- To assist in project and product costing
- To undertake other duties of a similar nature that may be required from time to time.
Up to £24,000 pro rata for part-time
The successful candidate will:
- Have recent, relevant experience within a Finance Officer type role or a role that includes significant financial work
- Be AAT qualified (level 3 or demonstrably working towards) or have equivalent/similar qualifications or experience (will support the successful candidate to gain AAT 3 if necessary)
- Be used to thriving and working in a busy office environment, working well in a small team but able to work independently to achieve goals
- Be confident and have effective communication skills – both verbal & written
- Have a pro-active approach to work
- Demonstrate attention to detail
- Demonstrate an ability to prioritise effectively to ensure deadlines are met
- Ideally, have a science-educated background to better understand the nature and business of the company.
- A friendly and supportive environment in which employees can thrive and develop
- A competitive remuneration scheme
- 25 days paid holiday in addition to statutory and company holiday days
- Good public transport connections – very close to all bus stops on London Road.
Applications including a CV, a personal statement which should include details of how you meet the role criteria, and the names of two referees should be sent to Ms Aleksandra Kuczera by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline Monday 18th December. Interviews will be held on Friday 5th January 2018. Informal enquiries via email (as above) are welcome.