An exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented Senior Scientist to join Arecor’s Development team. This role will appeal to an individual who is passionate about science and its application to the development of therapeutic products, whilst also offering the right individual the opportunity to take on a role where you will make a real impact on the success of a dynamic start-up company.
Arecor is a Formulation technology leader having developed an innovative and proprietary formulation technology platform to enable superior biopharmaceutical products. This technology platform is applied to partner’s proprietary products under a licensing model and also to Arecor’s internal diabetes product portfolio, which Arecor are committed to taking in to non-clinical and clinical development.
Outline of role: As part of the Development team, we are seeking a highly self-motivated individual to play a key and diverse role. The role will entail developing superior formulations in collaboration with Arecor’s commercial partners, internal R&D to expand Arecor’s innovative formulation platform, and development of Arecor’s in-house product portfolio, utilising the current platform technology. The role will also require excellent communication and organisation skills working closely with both internal and external stakeholders. The role will be hands on, requiring expert working knowledge of a broad range of analytical techniques used in characterisation of proteins and biological molecules and/or their stability assessment. You must be confident in validating and troubleshooting analytical methods as well as providing technical leadership and mentorship to junior colleagues. Interactions with our partners are key, and hence, you will be skilled in relationship and project management and possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
To be considered for this position you will have:
- An MSc or PhD in Life Sciences or equivalent (BSc considered based on experience)
- Extensive experience in an analytical laboratory environment, with hands on experience of working with a broad range of analytical methods, including HPLC, DLS, spectrophotometry, activity assays
- Possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal including drafting protocols, summaries and reports to a very high standard
- A proven track record in problem solving including the ability to design experiments, analyse data/results and trouble-shoot issues
- Be dynamic, flexible, self-motivated and able to work both individually and within a team
- Must be prepared to travel (up to 20% of time), including overseas, if required
The following experience would be advantageous:
- The use of Design of Experiment software
- Formulation and/or pharmaceutical product development experience gained within the Biopharmaceutical/biotech sector
Arecor offer a competitive Salary and Benefits package. We operate from a high quality laboratory facility on the Chesterford Research Park which offers excellent on-site facilities. http://www.arecor.com http://www.chesterfordresearchpark.com
If you would like to be considered for this position, please forward your covering letter and CV to:
Sheridan Cook, Office Manager firstname.lastname@example.org.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES - Thank you