PsiOxus Therapeutics Ltd is an Oxford based biotechnology company developing novel therapeutics with a particular focus upon cancer. The company has a diverse portfolio and currently has products in Phase I/II clinical development and an innovative pipeline of research stage and clinical trials candidates.
Based at our facility at Milton Park, Didcot and reporting to the Head of Future Projects this is an exciting new opportunity to support our research programmes and facilitate day to day running of all laboratory activities. This role will have a broad remit covering laboratory management, safety, maintenance, training new staff and conducting research experiments.
We would be happy to accept applications from candidates looking for flexibility in their working hours and will consider applications for full time or part time working. Please state what you are looking for clearly in your application.
Role responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Performing laboratory experiments and learning new techniques.
- Training new members of staff in basic laboratory skills.
- Take responsibility for ordering and receiving deliveries.
- Manage the laboratory health and safety policy.
- Take responsibility for laboratory management activities.
- Continual improvement in laboratory efficiency.
- Any other tasks, as delegated, to support the business needs.
Technical Experience, Personal Abilities and Traits
- Previous laboratory management experience
- Tissue culture experience
- Proactive “can do” attitude
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good teamworking skills
- Analytical skills
- Time management
- A minimum of A-level experience in Biology/Chemistry
In return we offer an attractive remuneration package including salary, pension, private healthcare and other benefits. To apply please send your CV along and covering letter along to Julie.Naish@psioxus.com.
Please include your salary expectations.
The closing date for applications is 30 November 2017, however applications will be evaluated in the order that they are received. You are therefore encouraged to apply as soon as possible.