PsiOxus Therapeutics Ltd is an Oxford based biotechnology company developing novel therapeutics with a particular focus upon cancer. The company has a diverse portfolio and currently has products in Phase I/II clinical development and an innovative pipeline of research stage and clinical trials candidates.
Reporting jointly to the Founding Scientist and Director of Strategic Planning this is an exciting new and rare opportunity to oversee a small team of scientists working on new innovation centric projects in the immuno-oncology space. This will be a new discovery project working within the parent company framework.
Role responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Taking a lead role in the design, setup and implementation of laboratory studies.
- Managing and motivating junior staff members.
- Reporting findings and progress to Executive Team.
- Proposing new concepts and directions.
- Working with key Operations team members for example IT, Finance, Human Resources, Health & Safety and Facilities to effectively and efficient run the team and facility.
- Ensuring data is collated, stored clearly and appropriately.
- Controlling and managing budgets.
- Overseeing training and staff competencies.
- Planning series of experiments to comprehensively test a hypothesis.
- Ensuring resources and training are in place to conduct the experiments effectively.
- Managing your own time and junior staff effectively.
- Getting involved in the conduct of experiments, leading by example.
- Establishing systems for recording and interpreting data.
The successful applicant will have good leadership characteristics and an appetite for innovation. The expectation is that this role will be split between management and laboratory activity. Consequently, this post would suit a mid-career scientist looking to develop their career.
Candidates should have at least 3 years postdoctoral research required in immunology, oncology or virology, preferably with some industry experience, together with the following further requirements:
- A PhD in life sciences, preferably immunology, cancer biology or virology
- Good track record in managing projects and supervising staff members
- Demonstrate a broad understanding of immuno -oncology and ability to conduct information research
- Experience independently designing, documenting and implementing in vitro studies.
- Can competently perform statistical analysis and critical analysis and interpretation from experimental results
- Evidence of good writing skills, reporting and data communication.
- Ability to develop new technical expertise where necessary across a wide range of in vitro techniques, immune assays and cell based platforms.
Personal Abilities and Traits
- Highly motivated with an excellent team-based approach, but can also work independently when necessary.
- Strong team and communication skills.
- Flexibility in managing workloads across more than one site and more than one activity.
- A highly effective communicator, both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrates advanced problem-solving abilities.
- Inspirational character than can bring the best out of those around them.
If you think you can stand out from the crowd, apply for this job.
In return we offer an attractive remuneration package including salary, pension, private healthcare and other benefits. To apply please send your CV along and covering letter to Julie.Naish@psioxus.com
Please include your salary expectations.
The closing date for applications is 30 November 2017, however applications will be evaluated in the order that they are received. You are therefore encouraged to apply as soon as possible.