Proximagen is a drug discovery and development company focused on developing small molecule therapeutics addressing diseases of the CNS, pain and inflammation. It is a whollyowned
subsidiary of Acova Inc. based in Minneapolis, with an integrated drug discovery facility in Babraham, Cambridge, UK.
Proximagen has well equipped modern research facilities on the Babraham Research Campus, near Cambridge. We have a vibrant pipeline which includes a diverse range of projects spanning early discovery through to Phase II clinical trials. Salary and benefits packages are designed to attract candidates of the highest calibre.
Proximagen owes its success to the skills and commitment of its people. We are project focussed and expect our scientists to work closely with colleagues across diverse disciplines. We provide an exciting and rewarding environment for individuals wanting a challengingcareer in the pharmaceutical industry. Salary and benefits packages are designed to attract candidates of the highest calibre. Together, we create an innovative, proactive environment where individuals participate and contribute to the overall success of the company.
We are currently seeking a highly productive lab based Medicinal Chemist with a desire for scientific excellence to work on a CNS project currently in lead generation/optimisation. We
are looking for individuals with energy and a determination to succeed, and who will contribute with innovative solutions to address the significant unmet medical needs of patients with diseases of the CNS.
The successful candidate will preferably have direct experience of:
• working in a medicinal chemistry laboratory in a pharmaceutical or biotechnology related company or a PhD in synthetic chemistry with an industrial placement;
• applying a broad knowledge of synthetic organic chemistry to develop efficient synthetic routes to novel chemical targets;
• innovation by proposing new chemical entities and creative strategies, designed to address the key synthetic/medicinal chemistry issues encountered by a project;
• the efficient synthesis and purification of novel compounds using automated purification equipment and modern analytical techniques to consistently achieve high levels of productivity and quality;
• performing scale up chemistry on a 5L scale;
• undertaking critical analysis of all available data e.g. SAR, ADME, PK data;
• recording all synthetic and analytical data in ELN and presenting results in written or oral manner as required; and
• working effectively within a multi-disciplinary team;
The successful candidate will also be a self-starter, highly organised and possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills including fluent written and verbal English.
Essential Qualifications Required:
• 2:1 Degree in Chemistry with a minimum of two years industrial experience; or
• PhD with focus on synthetic organic chemistry
Compensation Package Proximagen is offering a highly competitive package. Benefits will include a contributory pension scheme, life insurance and private medical insurance.
How to apply
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to email@example.com outlining your suitability for this role, your current salary package and providing your CV. (Please use ‘Medicinal Chemistry”’ in the subject box of your email)
The closing date for applications is 3rd November 2017.
If you are not contacted within 14 days after the closing date please assume that your application will not be taken further.