Precision Nanosystems Inc. ("PNI") is seeking a Regional Sales Manager (ideally located in London or Cambridge) to cover the UK, Scandinavia and Benelux. Must know customer base and have covered this region currently or in recent past. He / She will demonstrate and sell Precision Nanosystems’ line of instruments and consumables to life science accounts such as pharma, academia, biotech and government. This includes working with existing accounts as well as prospecting for new accounts and customers, developing and closing new business to increase sales of PNI products. The Regional Sales Manager will identify key decision makers for purchasing PNI systems, as well as identify funding sources, buying process, and key influencers within the assigned region. He / She will represent the product line professionally and scientifically, bring key decision makers together and inspire a vision of what the PNI solutions potentially provide to their work. This highly technical sales position requires customer facing time of ~70% of time. The Regional Sales Manager will rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish sales goals for the assigned territory. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
The Sales Region Manager's role is to ensure achievement of sales objectives through both strategic and tactical activities in line with the Company's mission; develop and maintain strong Career Opportunity Regional Sales Manager – UK and Northern Europe Located in London or Cambridge Reports to VP of Sales Job Code: RSMUK317 customer connections at various levels in the accounts and provide regular feedback on status of specific sales opportunities, the market and competition activities.
Areas of Responsibility
● Meet and/or exceed quarterly and annual sales target through development and execution of a region and account-specific sales plan
● Successfully navigate and manage complex sales negotiations. Successfully engage and manage a multi-tiered sales process for both capital instruments and consumables
● Generate new leads and identify new opportunities through cold-calling
● Demonstrate command of scientific knowledge to engage in collaborative sales process. Deliver technology and applications overview presentations, technical/scientific seminars and presentations on PNI solutions and articulate value proposition
● Facilitates resolution of customer issues by demonstrating a strong broad base of knowledge in business processes, PNI solutions and domain expertise
● Maintain technical competence on PNI solutions, competitive products and the market trends 2 through extensive reading and attendance of training meetings, industry conferences and research
● Work together with FAS colleagues to ensure customer satisfaction in pre and post-sales situations. Partner cross-functionally across company to appropriately address the needs of customer base
● Provide regular accurate sales forecasts, sales pipeline management activities, organize /maintain account and customer contact management in CRM system
● All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities. Qualifications and Experience
● Bachelor's degree in a Life Science discipline is required, advanced degree would be a plus
● 5 -7 years plus successful sales experience in the Life Science tools space / systems sales strategic selling environment (instruments + reagents). Proven track record of capital instrument sales in complex, multi-layered environment. Experience selling to academic, government, biotech and pharma accounts is required. Experience selling in publicly funded markets, such as State and Federal government, involving numerous call points
● Strong desire to win business and establish long-term customer relationships. Well-developed professional and strategic sales skills with proven ability to develop and grow key accounts through networking at all levels on the customer organization
● Demonstrated track record in lead generation, prospecting and business development
● Solid organizational skills and ability to set priorities/manage time effectively.
● Must Work remotely, out of a home office. Must be able to travel up to 60% of the time and without restriction
● Demonstrated interpersonal, presentation, and time & territory management skills as well as a professional appearance and demeanor are expected
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills, particularly in areas of negotiation, persuasion, and problem-solving. Proficient in listening, understanding and questioning; and ability to translate that information to a value proposition for the customer
● Strong technical presentation skills. Comfortable interacting with audiences of different levels. Ability to lead workshops, conventions, seminar series and other marketing activities as required. Comfortable conducting large seminars
● Knowledge of MS Office, PowerPoint and Salesforce.com a plus
● Capable and interested in working in a team environment. Maintains an effective, professional working relationship with internal customers and product development groups
● Goal oriented, highly self-motivated, independent, and successful individual who enjoys challenging and dynamic work environment.
● Ability to work with a high degree of independence; a self-starter.
PNI provides a competitive compensation and benefits package with excellent opportunities for personal growth. To apply, please submit a CV and cover letter to email@example.com and reference the Job Code RSMUK317 in the subject line of the email.
About Precision NanoSystems Inc. (PNI)
Precision NanoSystems Inc. (“PNI”) is a manufacturer of instruments, kits and reagents in the global nanomedicine market providing tools for drug development and cell-specific delivery to study, diagnose and treat disease. PNI’s NanoAssemblr family of instruments allow scientists to rapidly develop novel nanomedicine drug candidates for pre-clinical testing. PNI’s NanoAssemblr Scale-up platform enables the translation of these drug candidates to clinical testing and eventually to commercial use. PNI’s NanoAssemblr™ Transfection Reagents use nanomedicine technology to deliver genetic materials in primary cells vitro and in vivo, enabling disease researchers to easily study gene function in high-value models of disease. PNI sells its products to leading pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, and leading academic institutions in over 20 countries worldwide. Please find more information at http://www.precisionnanosystems.com/.