Instinctif Partners is an international business communications consultancy, specialists in reputation, influence and engagement. We work with over 850 clients globally, from FTSE100 enterprises to SMEs just starting out on their journey. We are 450+ people twenty offices in ten countries, working across six practice areas and a range of sector specialisms.
We are recognised across our industry as one of the Best Places to Work in 2017 (PR Week) and have been shortlisted for Employer of the Year and the UK National Business Awards and the European Business Awards. Our values define us: we blaze a trail, always connect, move fast and keep it real. Described by our clients as a ‘challenger agency’, ‘a thought partner’ and ‘fantastic at thinking outside the box’, we are looking for innovative thinkers to join our team.
Winner of the prestigious PR Week International Agency of the Year 2017, we have a strong reputation in the financial PR arena, winning the PRCA City Agency of the Year in 2017 and 2016.
Watch this video to learn more
The life sciences practice of Instinctif Partners brings together a unique mix of expertise in corporate, financial, marketing and product communications with a dedicated design consultancy. We’ve earned a formidable reputation for creative, comprehensive and effective communications counsel over two decades.
We deliver communications programmes focused on enhancing the value proposition for companies seeking investment, partnerships or customers. Our clients range from start-ups to multi-nationals. All have a common goal to make a difference, whether that’s in pharma, biotech, medical devices, diagnostics, e-health, or through enabling technologies and services. We aim to make a difference through the strategic counsel and communications services we offer.
The Account Manager (AM) must have a good working relationship with clients, acting as the point person on the day-to-day running of accounts. They are responsible for high quality execution and delivery of client work including media (and analyst) relations.
- At all times be mindful of the overall communications objectives and by what measures our value will be judged, ensuring that resources are deployed and activities executed appropriately.
- Point person for everyday account management activities for a portfolio of clients – looking at least one month (often more) ahead to anticipate and proactively plan each account’s activities.
- Work closely with account lead to plan PR programme to support underlying communications strategy.
- Develop and maintain client relationships and ensure regular client interaction.
- Develop and maintain close media relationships to maximise coverage achieved from client news and stories, and to ensure inclusion in relevant round up pieces, and identify opportunities.
- Understand the practicalities of using digital and social media to benefit clients and Life Sciences team and execute agreed programmes to support objectives achievement.
- Lead on understanding key messages for each communications piece and briefing/overseeing others appropriately.
- Copywriting /copyediting client materials e.g. press releases, web copy etc.
- Reviewing materials drafted by AEs and other client team members and providing direction as appropriate.
- Demonstrate commercial awareness, including the ability to take responsibility and raise issues with account lead e.g. understanding value-add activities, identifying over or under servicing, client feedback etc.
- Proactively suggest creative ideas which complement client core PR programmes e.g. speaker opportunities, award submissions, commissioning research, spotting media opportunities.
- Support the financial management of clients, reviewing client spend and timesheet records, preparing invoices and checking supporting material, ensuring all costs are captured and passed on, and helping to pre-empt any billing issues.
Life sciences team support
- Actively reading around sector and current affairs to continually deepen understanding of sector and keep team and clients updated.
- Identify and take forward opportunities to develop own skill sets and knowledge, as well as those of the team e.g. internal and external training, industry body members events and networking.
- Support learning and mentoring of other team members – using experience and knowledge gained from reading around the sector to share key sector news, best practice advice, strong examples of client work etc.
- Research and support in the drafting of new business credentials, case studies, presentations etc.
- Supporting senior team in new business meetings and pitches, attending as appropriate.
- Opportunity spotting – creating and identifying ways to expand existing client accounts with additional projects or introducing other Instinctif expertise, where appropriate.
- Expanding your own network of influencers who might recommend us or alert us to opportunities (e.g. media, venture capitalists, analysts and corporate financiers as appropriate) that could benefit potential new, and existing clients.
- Identifying sector events and networking opportunities and attending as appropriate.
- 2-5 years’ experience in a PR or communications role.
- Understanding of and interest in the life sciences industry essential.
- Experience in a PR Consultancy, in house, in a university/charity or journalist environment.
- First degree in a life sciences subject as a minimum. PhD and past research experience advantageous.
- Excellent writing, communication and interpersonal skills essential.
- Advanced IT knowledge in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook).
- Production of PowerPoint presentations to a professional level using templates.
- Familiarity and competency in social media (e.g. Twitter and LinkedIn).
Travel Requirements and Working Hours:
- Regular travel to clients and or events – mostly within the UK.
- Contractual hours are 7.5 per day (37.5 per week) to be worked between 8.30am and 6pm, but flexibly is essential in order to meet both business and customer needs.
To apply for this position please click here: Apply