Instinctif Partners is an international business communications consultancy, specialists in reputation, influence and engagement. We work with over 850 clients globally, from FTSE100 enterprises to SMEs just starting out on their journey. We are 450+ people twenty offices in ten countries, working across six practice areas and a range of sector specialisms.
We are recognised across our industry as one of the Best Places to Work in 2017 (PR Week) and have been shortlisted for Employer of the Year and the UK National Business Awards and the European Business Awards. Our values define us: we blaze a trail, always connect, move fast and keep it real. Described by our clients as a ‘challenger agency’, ‘a thought partner’ and ‘fantastic at thinking outside the box’, we are looking for innovative thinkers to join our team.
Winner of the prestigious PR Week International Agency of the Year 2017, we have a strong reputation in the financial PR arena, winning the PRCA City Agency of the Year in 2017 and 2016.
Watch this video to learn more
The life sciences practice of Instinctif Partners brings together a unique mix of expertise in corporate, financial, marketing and product communications with a dedicated design consultancy. We’ve earned a formidable reputation for creative, comprehensive and effective communications counsel over two decades.
We deliver communications programmes focused on enhancing the value proposition for companies seeking investment, partnerships or customers. Our clients range from start-ups to multi-nationals. All have a common goal to make a difference, whether that’s in pharma, biotech, medical devices, diagnostics, e-health, or through enabling technologies and services. We aim to make a difference through the strategic counsel and communications services we offer.
The Account Director (AD) will be expected to take day-to-day responsibility for implementing work across a number of client accounts and projects, providing senior level counsel, as well as helping with business development. The AD will support staff management and development (either directly or in-directly). The AD will have considerable responsibility with clients up to board level, and should have the gravitas and experience to work confidently at this level.
- Lead role on client accounts, being mindful of the client’s overall communications objectives, ensuring resources are deployed and activities executed appropriately to achieve value-adding results.
- Develop and maintain senior level client relationships and ensure regular client interaction, building good knowledge of client businesses.
- Account management and implementation including strategic advice, PR planning, media strategy and outreach, planning at least three months ahead.
- Project management of non-retainer projects (including design) to ensure scheduling of internal resources and with client availability.
- Work closely with account lead and account team to plan and execute communications programme.
- Maintain close media relationships to maximise coverage achieved from client news and stories, ensure inclusion in relevant round up pieces, and proactively identify opportunities.
- Understand practicalities of using digital and social media to benefit clients and Life Sciences team.
- Plan and execute strategic social media programmes for clients and execute these to support achievement of objectives.
- Plan and oversee media outreach for client news, ensuring key messages are understood and communicated.
- Copywriting – technical, scientific, corporate and financial (as appropriate), as well as reviewing materials drafted by client team members, providing feedback and direction.
- Identifying additional activities which complement client core programmes e.g. speaker opportunities, award submissions, commissioning research, media opportunities, design, websites etc.
- Understanding the financing climate for life sciences companies, from seed through venture funding.
- Ensuring time is managed effectively, containing over servicing and managing extra billing.
- Financial management of clients’ accounts, reviewing client spend and timesheet records, preparing invoices and checking supporting material, ensuring all costs are captured and passed on, working with accounts department to resolve any billing issues.
Life sciences team leadership and support:
- Line management of junior Account Executive team members.
- Support learning and mentoring of other team members using experience and knowledge gained from reading around the sector to share key news, strong examples of client work, provide AE training sessions etc.
- Maintain sector and scientific knowledge by reading around sector and current affairs, keeping team and clients updated.
- Identify and take forward opportunities to develop own skill sets and knowledge, as well as those of the team e.g. internal and external training, attending industry body events and networking.
- Contribute to the administrative procedures of the office in general.
- Expanding own network of contacts which could lead to new business opportunities (e.g. corporates, venture capitalists, analysts, bankers as appropriate).
- Research and drafting new business pitches, credentials, case studies, presentations.
- Attending new business meetings and pitching for new business.
- Creating and identifying ways to expand existing client accounts with additional projects or introducing other Instinctif expertise, where appropriate.
- Identifying sector events and networking.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Corporate/Scientific communications.
- Understanding of and interest in the life sciences industry essential.
- Experience in a PR Consultancy, in house, in a university/charity or journalist environment would be an advantage.
- First class degree in a life sciences subject as a minimum. PhD and past research experience desirable.
- Excellent writing, communication and interpersonal skills essential. Management/leadership skills an advantage. Knowledge of Business and Corporate Communications.
- Advanced IT knowledge in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook). Familiarity and competency in social media (eg Twitter and LinkedIn).
- A pro-active individual who shows initiative and takes responsibility for their own decisions.
- A good team-player who encourages feedback and will seek help when appropriate.
- An effective and well-presented communicator both verbally and in writing.
- An analytical problem-solver who is able to quickly and accurately identify key issues with a passion for delivering communications strategies for clients.
- A well-organised planner who will follow rules and procedures when appropriate.
- An engaged individual who demonstrates enthusiasm for keeping up to date with current affairs and the life sciences sector.
- An individual who thrives in a pressurised, dynamic environment and has a flexible approach to suggest and embrace positive change.
- Personal gravitas and standing to interact with clients and other advisors at C-suite level
Travel Requirements and Working Hours:
- Regular travel to clients and/or events – usually within the UK and Europe.
- Contractual hours are 7.5 per day (37.5 per week) to be worked between 8.30am and 6pm Monday to Friday, but flexibility is essential in order to meet both business and customer needs.
To apply for this position please click here: Apply