Macrophage Pharma is an early stage, UK headquartered drug Development Company, applying a proprietary and clinically-validated medicinal chemistry approach (Esterase Sensitive Motif, ESM) to target small molecule drug candidates to macrophage and dendritic cell populations in oncology indications. Macrophage Pharma has the key objective of rapidly developing a portfolio of products to address significant unmet need through improving patient responses to existing immunotherapies.
The Programme Development Manager will be responsible for operational management and delivery of the product development for all assets in the pipeline; managing activities through both pre-clinical and early clinical development. They will work on design, implementation, execution and reporting of product development plans in collaboration with internal and external partners. They will manage the activities carried out by external service providers, ensuring that projects progress on time and in budget with appropriate quality control and regulatory compliance.
As with any position in a small, start-up organisation, the precise role and responsibilities of the appointed candidate will evolve over time and in finding aProgramme Development Manager, we need somebody who is comfortable working in a flexible, fast-paced environment.
- Project management of product development teams and plans
- Identification, assessment and management of external service providers (CMO, CROs)
- Participating in budget development and management
- Project reporting to the Executive team, including identification of risks and contingencies
- Postgraduate qualification (most likely Ph.D) in life sciences
- Proven experience in managing CMC, pre-clinical and/or bioanalytical activities through third parties
- Knowledge of GMP, GLP and/or GCLP
- Familiarity with project management tools
- Experience of oncology therapeutics product development
- Experience of small molecule drug development excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communicator
- Good attention to detail
- Experience of budget management
- Ability to perform in a small (virtual) company environment with an ability to work flexibly, independently and remotely
Remuneration to comprise salary commensurate with experience, performance related bonus, matched pension contribution and share options.
Please apply with covering letter and CV to email@example.com.