Inivata, a global clinical cancer genomics company, is transforming personalised healthcare in oncology by utilising the precision of circulating tumour (ctDNA) analysis. Using a simple blood sample, ctDNA testing is a new tool for oncologists to detect cancer, stratify patients, and assess individual response to treatment. Inivata’s proprietary technology is based on pioneering research from the Rosenfeld Lab at the Cancer Research UK Cambridge Institute (CRUK-CI), University of Cambridge. Inivata’s platform brings together Next-Generation sequencing (NGS) technology with proprietary algorithms and databases that guide genomic profiles to clinical outcomes. Inivata’s InVision® ctDNA assay provides a highly sensitive analysis of a strategically selected gene panel to identify actionable mutations for oncologists to treat their patients optimally. Inivata recently completed a highly successful Series A fundraising of $45m to accelerate clinical studies and commercialise the company’s first products.
Inivata is a fast-paced, dynamic startup company with founders who are pioneers in the field of ctDNA analysis. We are a dedicated team with strong foundations and leadership and are all passionate about modernising cancer care and treatment for patients. Inivata employees have both drive and determination to work successfully as individuals and as a team to revolutionise cancer care. As part of this role there will be opportunity for international travel between US and UK Inivata offices.
For the management and scientific direction of a computational team in the field of cancer genomics data and biomarker development, we are looking for a computational lead with experience in team leadership and project management, preferably in the field of bioinformatics. Industry experience is expected but academics with leadership experience will be considered as well. Previous experience with regulatory compliance and software accreditation would also be valuable.
There is flexibility for the exact profile and experience of the applicant, provided they can demonstrate their qualities in the general area of computational biology and motivation to join a young company in the field of cancer genomics in a full time role.
- Manage a team of computational researchers/applied geneticists
- Act as an interface between lab/commercial teams and developers to prioritise and organise projects
- Organise the development of new algorithms and tools for cancer diagnostics
- Expertise in software development, typically but not necessarily in an industry setting
- Experience with the management of a computational team, ideally bioinformatics (Required)
- Established track record in project management (Desired)
- Experience with next generation sequence data analysis (Desired)
- Prior experience with work in a regulated environment, in particular for software and quality assurance, such as ISO 13485, EN 62304, ISO 15189, or other (Desired)
Candidates will be expected to deliver leadership and supervise timely delivery of projects in a team-oriented environment, and have excellent organisational and time management skills.
Inivata Limited is based in Cambridge, UK.
Please send your CV, including a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting: 040 Computational Lead Scientist in the subject line.
No agencies please.
The closing date for applications is June 16th 2017.