Inivata, a global clinical cancer genomics company, is transforming personalised healthcare in oncology by utilising the precision of circulating tumour (ctDNA) analysis. Using a simple blood sample, ctDNA testing is a new tool for oncologists to detect cancer, stratify patients, and assess individual response to treatment. Inivata’s proprietary technology is based on pioneering research from the Rosenfeld Lab at the Cancer Research UK Cambridge Institute (CRUK-CI), University of Cambridge. Inivata’s platform brings together Next-Generation sequencing (NGS) technology with proprietary algorithms and databases that guide genomic profiles to clinical outcomes. Inivata’s InVision® ctDNA assay provides a highly sensitive analysis of a strategically selected gene panel to identify actionable mutations for oncologists to treat their patients optimally. Inivata recently completed a highly successful Series A fundraising of $45m to accelerate clinical studies and commercialise the company’s first products.
Inivata is a fast-paced, dynamic startup company with founders who are pioneers in the field of ctDNA analysis. We are a dedicated team with strong foundations and leadership and are all passionate about modernising cancer care and treatment for patients. Inivata employees have both drive and determination to work successfully as individuals and as a team to revolutionise cancer care. As part of this role there will be opportunity for international travel between US and UK Inivata offices.
You will be developing and maintaining scalable computational pipelines that take DNA sequencing data through analysis to reporting. The results of this system are presented to doctors and clinicians via a web-frontend and will inform on the treatment of patients suffering from cancer.
There is flexibility in the exact profile and experience of the applicant, provided that they can demonstrate their development skills and motivation to join a young company in the field of cancer genomics. Previous experience in a regulated environment is welcome but not necessary. This is a full-time position.
Reporting line: Clinical Software Lead
- Further develop and strengthen Inivata’s software infrastructure, including data security, and database management
- Automate, develop and refine bioinformatics pipelines
- Develop interfaces for monitoring Inivata’s assays, in close collaboration with lab based scientists.
- Graduate or undergraduate degree in computer sciences or related field
- Prior experience as a software developer in industry.
- 2 years’ software development experience in industry (Essential)
- Development of relational databases, typically SQL (Essential)
- General programming experience (Python preferred)
- Full-stack web development (Desired)
- Experience with Unit Testing and Continuous Integration (Desired)
- Next generation sequence data analysis (Desired)
- Experience working with High Throughput Compute clusters (Desired)
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services computing infrastructure (Desired)
- Prior experience with Software Development Life Cycle and/or regulated environment, for software development and quality assurance, such as ISO 13485, EN 62304, ISO 15189 (Desired).
Candidates will be expected to be creative, capable of working both independently and within a team-oriented environment, and have excellent organisational and time management skills.
Inivata Limited is based in Cambridge, UK.
Please send your CV, including a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting: 040 Software Developer in the subject line.
No agencies please.
The closing date for applications is 16 June 2017.