Our client, based very close to Oxford, is recruiting for a Clinical Project Manager to support their current program of work for a 3-6 month period. As a key member of the project team the incumbent will develop in-depth knowledge about the overall program in order to work with the Project Director and other senior project team members to develop and maintain detailed project plans, monitor and track expenditure against budgets and support resource management, against agreed strategic objectives for the project. Responsible for ensuring that all the projects functions and disciplines deliver with precise execution, quality, in time and within budgets. This will primarily involve oversight of all program activities related to the clinical development program including, but not limited to, clinical operations, CMC, regulatory and data management.
• Applies project management expertise & methodologies to define the project scope, goals and deliverables to support business objectives. This will involve sub-projects with external vendors.
• Responsible for supporting functional leads in vendor selection and management.
• Develops best practices and tools for project management and execution in a fast paced product development environment
• Develops, maintains and tracks full-scale project plans, timelines, budgets and milestones, using appropriate tools.
• Identifies and manages project dependencies; maps and manages critical path activities.
• Effectively communicates project expectations to team members, senior leaders and the broader organization. Escalates issues to team members and stakeholders in a timely fashion.
• Proactively manages changes in project scope, anticipating potential problems, and proactively develops and seeks approval for risk mitigation plans.
• Coordinates and supports senior management in facilitating team members in their roles
• As required, responsible for establishing project management activities, and acting a main point of contact, with external funding bodies. May also be required to develop/oversee project management activities in a wider portfolio of anti-infective projects.
• Educated to degree level in a scientific discipline
• Past experience in pharma/biotech environments is essential.
• Experience in project management in the life-sciences sector. Strong project management experience to enable precise execution.
• A fundamental understanding of drug development processes and strategies. Demonstrated experience in pharma/biotech drug development in clinical development projects is highly desirable. Proactive and agile to work in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will have sound judgment, problem solving, leadership skills and emotional intelligence to lead cross-functionally and identify solutions. Candidates should be able to demonstrate ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional team members.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Strong financial acumen to develop/manage program budgets.
• Strong experience in facilitating project team meetings, cross-functional communication, decision making and ensuring alignment with internal/external stakeholders.
• Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented environment with minimal supervision.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritise, multitask and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment is crucial.
• Highly competent in use of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project and other appropriate tools. Experience in developing other PM tools a must.
To register your interest in this opportunity please forward an up-to-date CV to email@example.com or contact Jo Wrynn on 01480 499580, quoting reference 882416 and advising current availability and anticipated day rate.
Keywords: Interim, 3 month contract, Project Manager, Clinical, Project milestones, project planning, budgets, gantt chart