My client is an industry leading business within the Biotechnology space based in Oxford. They are rapidly growing and expanding their Development Team to include a specialist within Automation. The role will be to create, develop and validate new automation methodologies including liquid handing automation. Reporting into the Director of Sequencing Development, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
• My client are looking for an Automation Specialist to be responsible for method development, testing and day-today running of the liquid handling automation platforms.
• You will have the opportunity to take ownership of creating, maintaining and troubleshooting laboratory liquid handling automation methods.
• The role is to facilitate the creation and validation of new methods to automate high throughput NGS workflows.
• Liaise with staff regarding the specification of the methods, documentation for sharing and running the methods which will be installed at customer sites.
• Train other users on correct usage of method and automation platform.
• Monitor instrument performance, provide reliability and downtime data and suggest efficiency improvements. Program, troubleshoot and maintain automated platforms.
- BSc level education in a relevant sector.
- Hands on industry experience of hardware platforms such as the Hamilton STAR, Biomek FX, Agilent Bravo, Labcyte Echo, and familiarity with integration software.
- Knowledge of automation liquid handlers e.g. Hamilton, Agilent (Velocity11), Beckman, Tecan.
- Ideally you will have experience with computer networking or can quickly become an advanced user of new software.
If you or anybody in your network is interested in this opportunity then please get in touch on 0121 726 9711 and send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org