To support the continued growth in the company this is a new position for a Scientific Administrator. Your role will be to provide admin and sales support for our Logistics, Tissue Sourcing and Business Development teams. The role will suit someone with a scientific background who has an eye for detail and the ability to follow processes who does not want to work in a lab. You will be task-orientated, self-motivated and confident with strong interpersonal skills to communicate with a wide range of people. Good administration, oral and written communication skills, along with a head for figures are essential.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Compiling donor reports
- Preparation of quotes and processing of orders
- To provide administrative and sales enquiry support
- Providing admin support in the shipments of tissues
- Maintaining databases and records to ensure they are up-to-date
- Communication with clients and suppliers by email and phone
- Working in accordance with organisational quality standards ISO9001 (2015)
- A life sciences degree or experience in sales administration for a life science company.
- The ability to manage and prioritise a busy workload • Experience in a customer service role
- Problem-solving using initiative to propose practical solutions
- Excellent written, interpersonal and communication skills
- A methodical approach to work, with excellent attention to detail
- Proven ability to work within a team • Proficient in working with IT systems, including MS Office
- Experience of communicating with individuals in different locations
- Experience of order processing, or quote generation
- Experience in dealing with confidential data
Tissue Solutions (www.tissue-solutions.com) is a leading provider of human bio-specimens for researchers worldwide to help our clients develop and test new therapies. Incorporated in 2007, we are ISO 9001:2015 certified and provide the pharmaceutical and biotech industries with high quality sample sets from a global network of more than 150 sources. Samples include diseased and normal tissue in fresh, frozen, and FFPE formats. We guarantee samples with the highest possible ethical compliance, offering reliable and efficient sourcing of biological material globally.
This is a full-time role, 37 ½ hours per week to start as soon as possible.
Please send your CV and covering letter, including current salary to firstname.lastname@example.org.