OMass Therapeutics is a patient-centric, early-stage drug discovery company, applying its unique biophysical platform technologies to discover therapies that bring life-changing benefits in immunology and genetically defined disorders.
OMass Therapeutics specializes in applying state-of-the-art native mass spectrometry platforms to characterize challenging drug targets, including membrane proteins. The company was founded by Oxford’s Professor Dame Carol Robinson and leverages her pioneering work in analysing the structures of protein assemblies, which provide novel structural insights into large, dynamic complexes. This offers an unprecedented advantage in the detection of drug leads. The company vision is to build an integrated drug discovery company, with biophysical platform technologies at its core, and develop a pipeline of novel therapies. Our ambition is to develop and commercialise at least one product within the next ten years.
Following successful Series A funding, the company is expanding significantly in different areas. This is an excellent time to join a growing company.
OMass Therapeutics is inviting applications for the position of Strategy Principal/Director (dependent on experience). The company offers a thriving and creative environment for a well-suited candidate to become an integral part of our future vision.
The successful candidate will possess a scientific degree (ideally a doctorate) and previous experience in a top-tier management consultancy, focusing on pharmaceutical strategy. You will be responsible for synthesizing material across diverse disciplines along the development value chain, including basic science, R&D, CMC, clinical and commercial to put together target product profiles for nominated programs and candidate targets in our portfolio. In addition, you will work with the CEO and other members of the Management Team to integrate these profiles into the broader company vision and strategy. The role is office based in our Oxford site.
Applications to be received by March 19, 2020
- A degree (ideally a doctorate) in biology, biochemistry or a related discipline
- 2-3 years’ experience in a top-tier management consulting company, focusing on pharmaceutical R&D strategy
- Operational experience in pharma or biotech is an advantage
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal including the ability to synthesize technical content from experts and senior management to drive actionable outputs; support decision making and engage investors.
- Strong analytical skills (excel modelling, deriving insights from analyses)
- Maintain and own the business case for each nominated program, including the following elements:
- Scientific rationale for the target
- Key valuation milestones at which risk in the product profile is discharged
- Clinical development path, based on discussions with KOLs, and including patient populations, end-points, target label for approval
- Clinical/commercial positioning, based on a detailed understanding of the patient journey through the healthcare system
- Target patient population
- Target product profile and associated commercial forecast
- Build summary presentations for each program for use internally (Board, investors, management)
- Prepare high-level commercial and development plan assessments for candidate targets including:
- Partnering with the CSO to drive the target selection process
- Coordinating internal and external (KOL) discussions
- Competition analysis
- Building the business case, including high level peak sales calculations
- Synthesising outputs
- Driving to decisions on progression
- Partner with the CSO to coordinate and structure advisory boards for each nominated program and for new targets, including planning and preparations, presentation and facilitation, synthesizing outputs and updating program plans with a focus on the development and commercial aspects of each program
- Lead market research studies for nominated programs as appropriate
- Partner with program leads to integrate key data requirements aligned with the business case into the discovery cascade
- Work with the CEO and other members of the Management Team to integrate target product profiles into the broader company vision and strategy
- Assist CEO in preparation of materials to support Board decisions, investor milestones and fund-raising activities
- Support Company communications, including website, corporate presentations etc.
- Support business development activities
Applicants should provide a full CV including contact details for 2 referees and a cover letter describing their compatibility with the position.
OMass Therapeutics values diversity and is committed to equality of opportunity, we also have full responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to work and live in UK. All applications should be sent to email@example.com.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Competitive salary and employee benefits