Organisation: Sense Biodetection Limited.
Location: St Ives, Cambridgeshire, UK.
Job Title: Laboratory Technician (Bioproduction).
Company: Sense is a molecular diagnostics start-up company developing handheld diagnostic tests in the fields of infections and oncology. The company applies its novel, proprietary technologies to discover and develop new assays and diagnostic tests for a range of clinical applications. Founded by an experienced and highly successful leadership team, Sense has ambitious plans to grow from its strong foundations and become a leader in the field. The company is backed by leading venture capitalists and private investors and is currently developing its first commercial products, as well as establishing a manufacturing capability. The company is currently expanding and consequently has an opening for a skilled and motivated Laboratory Technician (Bioproduction) to support its development and manufacturing team in St Ives.
The Role and Responsibilities: Sense currently has an opportunity for a skilled and motivated Laboratory Technician to join the St Ives-based bioproduction team and support their efforts to establish our process development and manufacturing capabilities.
The role will include the following key responsibilities:
• Prepare and qualify biochemical reagents for process development and manufacturing;
• Support Senior staff members with the performance and reporting of laboratory experiments;
• Perform bioproduction activities in support of the manufacturing team;
• Support the installation, validation and maintenance of laboratory manufacturing equipment;
• Documentation and reporting of results and data in accordance with agreed protocols;
• Ensure compliance of laboratory operations with the company’s quality system;
• Support the smooth running and management of the laboratory;
• Support the preparation and continuous improvement of laboratory procedures and SOPs. There is significant scope to tailor this role to meet the skills and experience of the successful applicant to ensure a challenging and rewarding role with opportunities for development and progression as the company grows.
Applicant: Candidates are expected to have a degree relevant to the work in a laboratory environment. It is advantageous but not essential for candidates to have experience working as a laboratory technician within a manufacturing environment. Good IT, writing and interpersonal skills are essential to ensure accurate documentation of activities and effective communication within the and development & manufacturing team. More broadly, we are looking for a team player with the initiative, flexibility, drive and enthusiasm to achieve goals and exceed expectations in a dynamic start-up environment.
Job Type: Full-time.
To Apply: Please send a CV with covering letter outlining what you would hope to bring to this role via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants must have the right to work in the UK. Applicants from recruitment consultants are not accepted. We will only contact candidates who are selected for interview.
Package: Competitive salary (including share options).