Our Business Development Managers are responsible for building customer relationships and promoting the technologies, services and products of OXGENE to achieve or exceed sales and profit targets. The ideal candidate will be someone with excellent commercial experience, a deep understanding of mammalian cell biology specifically CRISPR engineering, and a passion for cutting edge science.
Salary: £ competitive dependent on experience’ plus sales commission and benefits
Hours: Full time Field Based
OXGENE redefines possible in mammalian cell engineering. Our technology platforms and expert solutions accelerate the discovery, development and manufacture of cell and gene therapies.
We address some of the most important and challenging questions in modern biology within gene therapy, antibody-based therapeutics and CRISPR / gene editing.
Our technologies enable precise and robust mammalian cell engineering. Our automation and informatics driven approaches mean we solve the problems that no-one else can to advance the delivery of new therapeutics.
- Develop a detailed strategic plan to manage your territory; maintain, protect, and grow your business for both short and long-term revenue growth
- Ensure that the quarterly and annual sales targets are achieved for the assigned territory
- Identify your customers’ needs, goals and challenges, and provide solutions to these through the proper positioning of OXGENE products, services, knowledge and expertise; inform, train and influence customers
- Know and be known by your customers; maintain a regular presence within your territory
- Follow-up on leads, close action items and customer requests completely and in a timely fashion
- Secure targeted meetings to identify and advance opportunities with your customers
- Identify and map the key stakeholders and decision makers around projects and opportunities in your territory
- Create and deliver presentations; coordinating appropriate resources for customer visits
- Lead and organize internal partners around presenting to, or supporting your customers; provide input and direction on content, customer needs, drivers, audience profile, etc.
- Manage forecasting and pipeline by utilizing the CRM to manage, track, and report on all sales activities; provide, accurate, detailed forecasts for your territory
- Work collaboratively with all business partners (customer service, technical service, marketing and project management, etc.) to handle customer requests
- Carrying out any other duties commensurate with the grading of the post, as required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required in related scientific discipline; degree in biological or chemical sciences
- Previous experience in contract or services negotiations, or licensing
- Previous business development experience required (five+ years in related industry required)
- Experience in mammalian expression/bioproduction systems and/or gene therapy and/or virology would be an advantage
- An understanding of CRISPR technology in the gene editing market
- Some laboratory experience preferred
- PhD or equivalent required in related scientific discipline; degree in biological or chemical sciences
- Entrepreneurial spirit, assertive and can manage abstract commercial situations
- Ability to understand highly technical concepts and then explain these and their benefits to others
- Excellent understanding of pharma and biotech drug discovery and manufacturing process
- Demonstrated ability to acquire, grow and retain clients
- Experience developing and executing strategic business plans
- Demonstrated experience in presenting to senior levels of the client organization
- Excellent communication skills: verbal, written and through presentations
- Solid understanding of sales processes and CRM
- The ability to travel up to approximately 50% of the time on occasions
- Being able to deal with ambiguity
- Experience with European travel and selling to customers in Europe
- The ability to read and communicate verbally in another language, preferably French, German or Spanish
How to apply
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, and let us know where you first saw the position advertised. Your CV should include evidence that demonstrates how you meet each of the selection criteria for the post using examples of your skills and experience. This may include experience gained in employment, education, or during career breaks. Your application will be judged on how you meet the selection criteria stated in the job description.
Internal applicants: please apply directly to Human Resources, copying your line manager into the email.
Sending us your personal information means that you are asking us to hold your data on file, and understand that we will only keep it for as long as we need it to comply with the Data Protection Act.
This advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. Please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid missing the opportunity.
Information for international candidates
By the start of employment, the successful candidate must have, and be able to demonstrate, permission to work in the UK. Unfortunately, as a small company, we have very limited ability to sponsor employees under Tier 2 (General) of the points based system, and we are unable to sponsor Tier 2 work visas for international graduates / candidates.
MORE ABOUT OXGENE
OXGENE offers a generous benefits package:
- 25 days annual leave, increasing to 30 with service and 8 UK bank/public holidays per annual leave year and a day off on your birthday
- Pension with salary exchange and generous employer contribution
- Group life cover
- Glasses vouchers
- Emloyee assistance programme
- Business travel insurance
- Private medical insurance with additional wellness benefits (as a benefit in kind)
- Free tea, coffee, fruit-juice, fruit and biscuits, with kitchen facilities
- Financially incentivised employee referral scheme
- Free parking
Company culture and environment
OXGENE offers a friendly working environment in a diverse and expanding company.
- Modern offices and laboratories
- Opportunity to make a difference in a promotion-from-within environment
- Regular whole-company presentations, including regular scientific updates
- Regular social events, including TGI Friday activities
- Annual two-day staff away days