Office Manager, MoA Technology Limited
MoA Technology Limited (“MoA”) is a spin-out company from Oxford University's Plant Sciences Department. MoA Tech's in vivo herbicide discovery platforms are based on cutting-edge science in the fields of genetics, trait analysis and data analytics.
The successful individual must have excellent attention to detail, enjoy working at pace to meet deadlines and be self-motivated to deliver. Reporting to the Project and Collaboration Manager, you will be responsible for general office duties including: developing intra-office communication protocols; providing administrative support to the company; transactional HR; and health and safety support. We’re looking for an energetic professional who doesn’t mind wearing multiple hats. This position will include advancement opportunities for the right candidate as well as full benefits after a 3-month probationary period.
- Communication: external customer service and internal and external stakeholder management; including taking calls from employees, third parties and suppliers.
- Scheduling meetings, appointments and events, management of employee schedules and troubleshooting scheduling conflicts.
- Address employee enquires regarding office management issues (e.g. stationery, hardware and travel arrangements).
- Develop organisational procedures and systems for office personnel and manage contracts database.
- Transactional HR: including assisting with the process of new hires, holiday and leave administration, and partnering with HR to update and maintain policies.
- Health and Safety support: providing administrative support to the Health and Safety Officer including updating and maintaining policies, checking first aid arrangements, and maintaining training databases.
- Liaise with facility management vendors, including catering and BioEscalator facility team
- Financial: manage contract and price negotiations with office vendors and service providers, invoice management and creation of purchase orders.
Key skills you will require are:
- Knowledge of office administrator responsibilities, systems and procedures
- Excellent customer service and written and oral communication skills with ability to interact with various teams
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel as a priority)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Flexible work ethic
- Time management
- Excellent numeracy
We are happy to look at both less experienced, ambitious individuals with some track record, but keen to develop their career in a fast-growing business, or more experienced candidates.
Education & experience
- A degree or HND in business management/administration or similar is desirable
- Proven experience as an office manager: 1 year office management preferred
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
Location: BioEscalator, Old Campus Road, Oxford
Position type: Permanent full-time, part-time may be considered
Please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org