Summit Therapeutics is identifying and developing new mechanism antibiotics for the treatment of serious infections. We are headquartered in Oxfordshire, UK and have offices in Cambridge, Massachusetts, US, and Cambridge, UK.
At the core of our strategy, we are using new science and a new philosophy to create new opportunities in infectious diseases and to achieve commercial success by replacing current standards of care. We believe that new mechanism antibiotics are the solution to combating today’s bacterial threats.
With novel mechanism antibiotics in development for C. difficile infection (‘CDI’), gonorrhoea and ESKAPE pathogens we are a leader in antibiotic innovation. The acquisition of Discuva Ltd. in late 2017 has given us a technology platform to aid in the discovery of novel mechanism antibiotics which helps expand our pipeline.
Ridinilazole is our lead antibiotic, to treat C. difficile infection (‘CDI’) treatment which is in Phase 3 trials. These studies investigate whether ridinilazole is superior to the current standard of care in the initial cure of CDI and the reduction of recurrence. We have signed a deal with Eurofarma Laboratorios, giving them exclusive commercialisation rights for Latin America, and anticipate that we will seek commercialisation partners in a number of other territories.
Reporting to the VP, Business Development & Licensing this role encompasses a wide range of duties including the following;
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Contribute to successful transactions, both in- and out-licensing, through involvement in negotiations, contract execution and diligence processes
- Conduct research on in-licensing opportunities, lifecycle opportunities, and broader market dynamics, benchmarks etc. including business case assessments and valuation exercises
- Present business cases and analyses to the BD team and wider Summit team
- Plan for, arrange meetings at, and attend partnering conferences; lead or contribute to meetings at these events
- Serve as an alliance manager for designated external partnerships
- Support launch preparation activities for the Company’s advanced pipeline products
- Keep CRM data up to date and contribute proactively to effective contact management
- Support department planning processes re workflow, budgets, etc.
- Enthusiastic self-starter, tenacious, good attention to detail, driven to succeed
- 3-5 years’ experience in a BD/Commercial role in biotech, pharma, tech transfer organisation or other environment providing equivalent experience
- Good knowledge of pharma partnering processes and their context
- Understanding of asset valuation approaches and transaction considerations
- Keen to work in a small company environment, to get involved in multiple projects, with a flexible mandate
- Scientific and/or business qualifications an advantage
- Good communication skills with the ability to forge strong internal and external working relationships
- Enthusiastic team player with an approachable manner and an ability to engage with colleagues across the business with a constructive and can-do attitude to deliver
Travel requirements: Domestic and international travel required. Please click here to apply for this position.