We are launching a new initiative to integrate the growing amount of genome-wide CRISPR screen data into our state-of-the-art common and rare variant genetic analyses. By bringing together population and engineered genetic variation into a unified statistical framework, we believe these data can be even more powerful.
You should have:
- A strong background in human disease genetics, including large scale data analysis.
- Experience in standard statistical approaches and modern computational tools.
- The ability to summarize and visualize datasets to look for patterns, signals, or potential biases.
- The ability to explain your ideas to both specialists and non-specialists.
We have positions for a range of expertise, from those who have recently completed, or are due to complete, their PhDs to postdoctoral fellows and staff scientists. We will consider candidates interested in moving into genetics from other areas of data science.
In return we offer:
- The opportunity to work alongside talented colleagues in an ambitious company that combines cutting-edge science with commercial delivery.
- A focus on rapid commercial translation (independently and with our partners), so our work improves people’s lives.
- Access to amazing data – you will work with one of the largest and fastest-growing genotype-phenotype databases in the world.
- Dedicated time for hacking on blue sky projects and research.
- A competitive salary with pension, private healthcare, share options and other benefits.
Given the sensitive nature of data used in Genomics plc you will be expected, as with all other employees, to ensure high standards of information security in your work.
Please apply with a CV and cover letter addressing the above criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org
Genomics plc welcomes applications from all candidates irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief, or marital or civil partnership status.