Myologic are looking for a passionate Research and Development Chemist to join the Mologic team full time in developing the next generation point of care diagnostics at their laboratories in Thurleigh, Bedfordshire.
This is a multidisciplinary role requiring the candidate to proactively drive project progress with both an internal and external customer focus. The candidate will support the Chemistry team in delivering novel diagnostic assay reagents and characterising and optimising reagents across multiple assay platforms. This will include, but is not limited to the application of bioconjugation methods, exploratory immunoassay techniques including nanoparticle technology, analytical and batch purification by chromatography, and the analysis and characterisation of antibody reagents. An ability to deliver across multiple projects is essential.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Planning, setting up and undertaking controlled experiments in support of R & D projects and contract research
- Development, optimisation and profiling of novel immunoreagents for assay platforms
- Critical reagent characterisation and Quality Control
- Recording and analysing data (including writing up in lab books)
- Good laboratory practice
- Presenting results for internal and client facing meetings
- Writing reports, reviews and summaries
- Keeping up to date with relevant scientific and technical developments
You will need to be a collaborative, self-starting, quick learner, and able to thrive in a vibrant environment where multitasking is routine. You will need to have a wide-breadth of knowledge and practical experience while always looking to learn and improve.
- Conducting and supporting scientific investigations and experiments
- Data Analysis and interpretations
- Good team player
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Time management
- Troubleshooting skills
- IT proficiency (Microsoft packages and other statistical software)
- A strong grounding in the principles of immunoassay techniques
- Biophysical characterisation of protein interactions
A minimum of an Honours Degree (or equivalent) in science with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience. A proven record of effective applied scientific creativity at the interface between chemistry and biology. Experience in chemistry and/or biochemistry is essential, as well as applied academic or industrial research in a related field.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday plus 8 public holidays
- Pension scheme
- Private Medical Insurance contribution
- Free onsite parking
- Free refreshments (tea/coffee/fruit and more often than not, cake!)
If you enjoy working in a dynamic R&D environment and believe you have what it takes for this role, please get in touch. Email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview in November.
For more information about the company please visit https://mologic.co.uk/