Location: Harwell, Oxford, UK
Start date: as soon as possible
Salary: £25-35K dependent upon experience
Benefits: Pension scheme with 5% employer contribution
Holiday: 25 days per year
Apply by: 16th August
Apply to: email@example.com (attention of Marion Ralson)
The Electrospinning Company Ltd
We design, develop and manufacture materials, specifically nanofibre polymer scaffolds, which are used in tissue engineering and regenerative medicine applications. We have a diverse range of client-led and internal R&D projects and operate to ISO 13485:2016 medical device quality standards. We operate out of brand-new facilities on the Harwell innovation campus and have a team of 14 people, 9 of whom are in R&D and Production. We wish to recruit a laboratory and facility supervisor to keep the facility of four Class VII cleanrooms and a warehouse running.
- Implementation and management of inventory control system. Maintain adequate reagents, inventory and supplies to ensure proper utilisation of consumables with minimal waste
- Management of facility maintenance, monitoring and cleaning to ensure continued compliance with ISO 14644
- Oversee Laboratory safety, communicate and enforce safe laboratory practices. Ensure that all personnel are using the laboratory safely and adhering to safety policies and procedures.
- Undertake Risk Assessments/COSHH assessments for the laboratory and ensure company’s Health and Safety policies are adhered to.
- Ensure proper handling, storage and disposal of hazardous materials.
- Coordinate equipment acquisition, maintenance, servicing and calibration requirements
- To ensure result records are completed and any out of specification results are reported to Quality Manager
- Carry out Laboratory internal audits
- Act as Laboratory Management Subject Matter Expert (SME) in respect of audits
- Ability to assist with development and implementation of new methods and applications
- Support R&D and production projects as required
- Lab management experience in a regulated/quality environment (GcLP, ISO13485)
- Excellent knowledge of laboratory equipment and processes
- Excellent knowledge of Good Laboratory Practices and Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Good spoken and written English; able to communicate clearly and effectively
- Able to analyse, interpret and clearly document data.
- Experience with equipment verification and validation
- Experience with COSHH and Risk assessment management
- First-rate organisational and time management skills
- Confident with MS Office (excel, word, powerpoint, outlook) and project management (we use Smartsheets)
- Teamwork: taking individual responsibility and supporting team members
- Transparent: communicating openly
- Excellence: delivering high quality outputs; aware of priorities and deadlines
- Considerate: Considerate with concern for impact on others
- Learning: embracing personal development
Unfortunately we are not able to obtain working visas for non-Europeans so you will need the right to work in the United Kingdom.