Location: Harwell, Oxford, UK
Start date: as soon as possible
Salary: £25,000 to £30,000 DoE
Benefits: Pension scheme with 5% employer contribution
Holiday: 25 days per year
Apply by: 23rd August 2019
Apply to: email@example.com (attention of Ann Kramer)
Do you have a degree in biological science and some experience in marketing? Are you ready for a stand-alone marketing role where you can add value?
Here at Electrospinning we are a small, growing team making a big impact in tissue engineering and regenerative medicine applications. We now need someone with a passion for what we do to design and deliver our marketing strategy.
We can offer you the chance to make your mark, autonomy (within reason) and a great team around you. We value open communication, personal development, and making a considerate working environment AND we walk the talk with our values (see below)
- Plan and execute the marketing strategy with continual review and improvement.
- Market research to define audiences and messages.
- Digital Presence: planning and execution of online activities including website, LinkedIn, mailshots and Twitter. Maintaining the website and managing social media campaigns.
- Responsible for organizing outbound promotional activities such as events and presentations. Ensure staff maintain booth etiquette and highest level of customer engagement.
- Support the Head of Business Development on customer and stakeholder relationship management. Maintenance of TECL CRM database (salesforce.com).
- Development and continual review of marketing strategy including digital presence and physical events.
The experience and skills we are looking for
- Has a degree in biological science and able to grasp concepts quickly
- Minimum of two years in marketing and/or customer service at a medical device or life science company
- Excellent spoken and written English – a second language would be desirable
- First-rate organisational and time management skills
- Competent with office software (MS Office etc)
- Familiar with CRM systems (e.g. Salesforce)
- Excellent at digital and social media (Linked in, Wordpress, Twitter, Mailchimp)
- Comfortable at networking
- Willing to travel up to 30%.
The behaviours we value
- Teamwork: taking individual responsibility and supporting team members
- Transparent: communicating openly
- Excellence: delivering high quality outputs; aware of priorities and deadlines
- Considerate: Considerate with concern for impact on others
- Learning: embracing personal development
The individual will report to the Head of Business Development.
The Electrospinning Company Ltd
We design, develop and manufacture materials, specifically nanofibre polymer scaffolds, which are used in tissue engineering and regenerative medicine applications. We have a diverse range of client-led and internal R&D projects and operate to ISO 13485:2016 medical device quality standards. We operate out of brand-new facilities on the Harwell innovation campus and have a team of 14 people.
Our CEO, Ann Kramer, was named as a mover and shaker in BioBusiness. Our team is 50/50 gender balanced, with 9 nationalities, and ages from every decade from 20s to 60s.
Unfortunately we are not able to obtain working visas for non-Europeans so you will need the right to work in the United Kingdom.