A brand-new opportunity has been created in our growing business for a Human Resources Advisor, to assist our Group Leader Human Resources to deliver an effective HR Generalist service across the business.
- Recruitment and Onboarding: Coordinate the full lifecycle of recruitment activity, including onboarding new employees and providing support to line managers. You will be recruiting some niche skillsets and so will need to be creative and resourceful in using a variety of methods to attract and retain the best talent.
- Line Manager and Employee Support: Provide consultative support to line managers and all employees with HR related information and advice. This will include but is not limited to performance management, recognition, career development, employee relations, employment law, disciplinary and grievance, ill health management, redundancy and maternity/paternity. Deliver HR related training.
- Documentation: Coordinate and manage HR-related documentation including offer letters, employment contracts, response to resignation letters, amendments to contract, reference requests. Ensure all employee files/records are maintained accurately with all relevant data and handled in line with the Data Protection GDPR Legislation. Assist with creating, developing and keeping up to date all HR SOP’s, policies and work instructions.
- Benefits: Create and develop company employee benefits.
- Data and Payroll: Track and recognise trends in both employee and candidate queries, proposing solutions to enhance the employee lifecycle journeys. Create and maintain accurate payroll processing records to provide efficient and effective input of information to payroll processors.
- Project Support: Assist with the development and implementation of HR initiatives, including implementation of an HRIS system, change management, and other HR projects as required. Assist with supplier negotiation. Carry out any other duties commensurate with the grading of the position, as required.
Team working environment:
- We love and are dedicated to what we do, which is meaningful and has a great impact on the whole company.
- We greatly value team culture, how we show up to deliver our roles and communicate with each other.
- We strike a good balance of being committed to our work and enjoying good humour.
- Education: CIPD Level 3 qualified. Maths and English GCSE (Grade A-C) or equivalent.
- A stable work experience history of 5 years + with 2 years + at HR Advisor level.
- A high work ethic with excellent organisation, time management and prioritisation skills.
- Detail orientated with excellent attention to detail and pride in the accuracy of work and the service level, output and reputation of the department and company.
- Flexible, adaptable and comfortable with ambiguity.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to draft letters and reports.
- Have a positive can-do attitude with a proven ability to get things done.
- Have well developed administration and IT Skills including Excel and Word.
- Proficiency with data systems and experience analysing HR-related data and reports.
- A good understanding of employment legislation and HR best practices.
- Proactive with problem solving and continuous improvements.
- Negotiation and influencing skills.
- Self-motivated, confident, able to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Evidence of an ongoing commitment to continuous professional development.
- An excellent level of attendance and timekeeping.
- Based within a 1-hour commute time to the Oxford Science Park.
- CIPD Level 5 qualified.
- A Level and/or Degree level educated or equivalent qualifications, preferably in a scientific or business subject.
- A high level of knowledge of HR policies and procedures.
- 2-3 year’s work experience in a private sector SME.
- Previous experience of working in a regulated environment, ideally in a scientific, biotechnology, pharmaceutical or equivalent related research organisation.
- Knowledge of visa sponsorship processes.
- Ability to think commercially.
- Touch typing skills of 45 wpm.
- Experience of sourcing and implementing of a HRIS.
In addition to undertaking the duties above, the post-holder will be expected to fully adhere to the following:
- To actively participate in their performance review and work towards objectives set.
- To take responsibility for their own professional development ensuring professional standards are maintained and mandatory training is in date.
Code of Conduct and Quality
- To uphold the company mission and values.
- To adhere to quality processes and procedures and strive for continuous quality improvement.
Confidentiality and Data Security
- To comply fully with the duties and responsibilities outlined in the company handbook regarding confidentiality.
- To comply with the Data Protection Act 2018 and future similar legislation and ensure that all information collected, stored and used is done so in compliance with the Act.
SALARY: £25,000 - £32,000 dependent on experience
25 days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays, Pension with matched employer contribution to 7% with salary exchange, Health Insurance, Group Life Cover, Glasses Vouchers.
This role will be located at The Oxford Science Park, just 4 miles south east of Oxford, with parking and good public transport links from Oxford.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom without sponsorship.
Please send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org advising where you first saw the position advertised. Your CV should include evidence that demonstrates how you meet each of the selection criteria for the post using examples of your skills and experience. Internal applicants apply directly to Human Resources, copying in their Line Manager.
By sending us your personal information, you are asking us to hold your data on file and understand that we will only keep it for as long as we need it to comply with the Data Protection Act.
The appointment of the successful candidate will be subject to standard pre-employment screening, as applicable to the post. This will include right-to-work in the UK, proof of identity, references and health assessment.