We are a leader in liquid biopsy. Every day we transform the lives of cancer patients and their families through the power of liquid biopsy. Our tests unlock essential genomic information from a simple blood test and allow clinicians to make more informed treatment decisions for their patients.
We are dynamic and innovative, focused on the development of new ground-breaking technologies in a fast-paced and international setting. Our exceptional team of talented and driven individuals work together to combine their energy and expertise in world-class research, product development and commercialization to bring new tests to the patients that need them.
If making a difference is in your DNA and you are ready to join the liquid biopsy revolution, then you could be just the person we are looking for to join our team based in Cambridge, UK!
The R&D group within Inivata is looking for a scientist to support the expansion of Inivata’s intellectual property (IP) portfolio and the assessment of competitors IP and technology. This role would involve acquiring an in-depth understanding of Inivata’s current and potential future technologies then using this to support patenting current and new inventions. This role would also involve reviewing large numbers of patents to assess freedom to operate for new products and assessing competing technologies to guide future business strategy. This position offers the exciting opportunity to work at the forefront of cancer diagnostics and is especially suited to a scientist considering moving into IP or areas such as business development.
- Assist designing search strategies for assessing FTO and patent landscapes
- Review patents both to determine FTO and to identify new opportunities
- Monitor and analyse the patent applications of competitors
- Monitor and analyse the technologies of competitors
- Assist in evaluating scientific discoveries for patentability and prioritising these inventions for patenting
- Reviewing all Inivata publications for IP
- Support Inivata Scientists writing up invention disclosures describing novel inventions
- Perform Prior Art and Literature Searches to determine patentability
- Support external patent agents, attorneys and Inivata scientists drafting patent applications
- Provide training for scientists to support searching and analysing patent
- Track Inivata’s patents and patent applications
- Indepth understanding of Molecular biology
- Ability to review complex documents and specifically those describing complex NGS technologies
- Ability to distil key information from complex sources
- Attention to detail
- Indepth understanding of next generation sequencing
- Experience performing freedom to operate analysis
- Experience with capturing inventions and drafting patent applications
- Ability to communicate highly technical information to targeted audiences
Inivata Limited is based in Cambridge, UK.
No agencies please.
The closing date for applications is 26th July 2019
To Apply: https://cezanneondemand.intervieweb.it/inivata/jobs/patent_liaison_6832/en/