Job Title: Flow Cytometry Specialist
Reports to: CTO
Start Date: As soon as possible
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week (full-time)
Closing Date: Open
Please send your CV and a cover letter explaining what you can bring to MediSieve to email@example.com.
MediSieve is an exciting medical device start-up developing “magnetic blood filtration”, a revolutionary treatment for blood-borne diseases which removes pathogens directly from the bloodstream. We are looking for a highly motivated Flow cytometry Technician to join our team. More details on medisieve.com.
You will work alongside our Product Biochemist and Immunologist to help develop and test our magnetic particle products, reporting to the CTO, Dr Cristina Blanco Andujar. The ideal candidate would have at least 2 years of relevant working experience in a flow cytometry environment, ideally working with blood samples; and have a good knowledge of Health & Safety.
This is an opportunity to join an award-winning, ambitious start-up during an exciting stage of development when you can make a real impact on the company. The post is a full-time, permanent appointment, subject to a 6-month performance-based probation review period. The place of work will be in the company’s new offices and laboratories in the Translation & Innovation Hub building at 80 Wood Lane, White City, London, W12 0BZ.
Experience and attributes
The candidate should fulfil the following requirements:
- A minimum of 2-4 years of relevant working experience in a flow cytometry laboratory environment
- Experience with at least 6 colour flow cytometry
- Proficiency with laboratory techniques and state of the art flow cytometry instrumentation and methods (experience with Attune NxT is a plus)
- Experience in analysing flow cytometry data
Experience in the following areas would be a plus:
- Haematology and blood interaction
- Handling of blood and isolation of blood components
- Analysis of bacterial suspensions
- Basic immunological techniques such as ELISA
Self-motivated, pro-active, innovative, enthusiastic and communicative.
Strong organisational and problem-solving skills.
Good record keeping, paying attention to detail.
- Perform daily start-up and routine maintenance of flow cytometry instrumentation
- Perform quality control of instrumentation as required and monitor instrument performance
- Good time management (acquisition of samples, basic maintenance of the flow cytometer, scheduling experiments)
- Work closely with lab staff for experiments involving flow cytometer
- Contribute to establishing, optimization and validation of protocols
- Assist in ordering supplies
- Writing and following SOP and risk assessments
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Biology, Immunology or a related discipline.