Position Title: Senior Scientist
Reports to: Scientific Director
Reporting to this position: N/A
Neuro-Bio Ltd (www.neuro-bio.com) is a 6-year-old biotechnology company with an exciting and highly novel approach to tackling Alzheimer’s Disease. The company is seeking to appoint a Senior Scientist/ at their state-of-the-art facility at the Culham Science Centre, near Oxford. This is a permanent role suiting an experienced post-doc level neuroscientist with solid industry experience.
The company focuses on (i) developing a first-in-class blood biomarker and (ii) an innovative therapy to halt the progression of neurodegeneration in its pre-symptomatic phase: the successful candidate will contribute to both programmes. The ideal candidate will have had appropriate experience of research in the pharmaceutical sector, specifically in research involving CNS disorders,
- Experience at post-doctoral level in either neuroscience drug discovery or biomarker evaluation.
- Expertise in antibody-based detection systems (AlphaLISA, ELISA, HTRF, WB)
- Extensive experience working in a GLP and/or ISO 9001/13485 environment
- Knowledge of Alzheimer’s and/or related degenerative disorders
- Expertise in advanced statistics
- Expertise in pharmaco-kinetics
- Familiarity with medicinal chemistry
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Highly motivated with a determination to see a job through to the end
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- A sound familiarity with IT
This is an interesting role encompassing a wide range of skills that would suit a candidate who is proactive, can work independently yet also contribute to a team effort. The post offers the opportunity of working within a fast-paced lab environment within the research and development industry with an exciting and novel approach to understanding and treating Alzheimer’s disease. The successful candidate will be part of the scientific group, complemented by a strong managerial team who oversee the general administrative affairs of the company.
Salary to be negotiated, dependent on experience and qualifications.
Further background information on Neuro-Bio can be obtained from the website (www.neuro-bio.com). Please send applications including a CV and the names of 2 referees to Julie Peachey (Julie.firstname.lastname@example.org).