Instinctif Partners is an international business communications consultancy, specialists in reputation, influence and engagement. We work with over 850 clients globally, from FTSE100 enterprises to SMEs just starting out on their journey. We are 450+ people in twenty offices in ten countries, working across six practice areas and a range of sector specialisms.
We’re looking for a Trailblazer; someone who is unafraid to take responsibility and come up with new efficient approaches.
An individual who can Move fast, thrive in a busy and fast growing agency. You’ll have the ability to Always Connect, build strong and effective relationships across all levels of the business. Lastly, you’ll Keep it real. We pride ourselves on our work ethic and ability to work together as a team. We’re looking for someone who is hardworking and passionate and wants to build their career at one of the most exciting consultancies in the space.
The healthcare & life sciences practice of Instinctif Partners brings together a unique mix of expertise in corporate, financial, marketing and product communications with a dedicated design consultancy. We’ve earned a formidable reputation for creative, comprehensive and effective communications counsel over two decades.
We deliver communications programmes focused on enhancing the value proposition for companies seeking investment, partnerships or customers. Our clients range from start-ups to multi-nationals. All have a common goal to make a difference, whether that’s in pharma, biotech, medical devices, diagnostics, e-health, or through enabling technologies and services.
We aim to make a difference through the strategic counsel and communications services we offer.
The Senior Account Manager (AM) must have experience of the healthcare & life sciences sector and be able to develop a good working relationship with clients, acting as the point person on the day-to-day running of accounts. They will be responsible for high quality execution and delivery of client work most specifically including corporate campaigns, insightful copywriting and media relations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- At all times be mindful of the overall communications objectives and by what measures our value will be judged, ensuring that resources are deployed and activities executed appropriately.
- Point person for everyday account management activities for a portfolio of clients – looking ahead to anticipate and proactively plan each account’s activities.
- Work closely with account lead to plan the communications programme to support underlying communications strategy.
- Develop and maintain client relationships and ensure regular client interaction.
- Develop and maintain close media relationships to maximise coverage achieved from client news and stories, and to ensure inclusion in relevant round up pieces, and identifying opportunities.
- Understand the practicalities of using digital and social media to benefit clients and Life Sciences team and execute agreed programmes to support objectives achievement.
- Lead on understanding key messages for each communications piece and briefing/overseeing others appropriately.
- Copywriting /copyediting client materials.
- Reviewing materials drafted by Account Executives and other client team members and providing direction as appropriate.
- Demonstrate commercial awareness, including the ability to take responsibility and raise issues with account lead e.g. understanding value-add activities, identifying over or under servicing, client feedback etc. when necessary.
- Proactively suggest creative ideas which complement client core communications programmes e.g. speaker opportunities, award submissions, commissioning research, spotting media opportunities.
- Support the financial management of clients, reviewing client spend and timesheet records, preparing invoices and checking supporting material, ensuring all costs are captured and passed on, and helping to pre-empt any billing issues.
Healthcare & Life Sciences Practice Support:
- Actively reading around the sector and current affairs to continually deepen understanding of the industry and keep the team and clients updated.
- Identify and take forward opportunities to develop own skill sets and knowledge, as well as those of the team e.g. internal and external training, industry body member events and networking.
- Support learning and mentoring of other team members – using experience and knowledge gained from reading around the sector to share key sector news, best practice advice, strong examples of client work etc.
- Research and support in the drafting of new business credentials, case studies, presentations.
- Supporting the senior team in new business meetings and pitches, attending as appropriate.
- Opportunity spotting – creating and identifying ways to expand existing client accounts with additional projects or introducing other Instinctif expertise, where appropriate.
- Expanding their own network of influencers who might recommend us or alert us to opportunities (e.g. media, venture capitalists, analysts and corporate financiers as appropriate) that could benefit potential new, and existing, clients.
- Identifying sector events and networking opportunities and attending as appropriate.
Skills and Experience:
- Understanding of and interest in the life sciences industry.
- 3-5 years’ experience in the sector – ideally in a PR or communications role, but experience may have been gained in a consultancy, in house, in a university/charity or journalist environment.
- First degree in a life sciences subject preferable.
- Strong media contacts.
- English (fluent),
- Excellent writing, communication and interpersonal skills essential.
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook). Production of PowerPoint presentations to a professional level using templates.
- Familiarity and competency in social media (e.g. Twitter and LinkedIn).
- PhD and/or research experience
- Other languages e.g. German or French
- Experience of the global life sciences industry, outside of the UK
- A well-presented communicator, both verbally and written.
- Proven ability to build rapport with colleagues and stakeholders.
- An individual that shows initiative and takes responsibility for planning and organising their own work.
- A team-player who can work flexibly within a team and will seek help when appropriate.
- An individual that embraces change and is quickly able to adapt to team needs/demands and priorities to deliver to set/multiple deadlines.
- An analytical problem-solver who is able to quickly and accurately identify key issues, will proactively support the team and has a passion for delivering communications in a business environment.
- A well-organised planner who will follow rules and procedures when appropriate.
- An engaged individual who demonstrates enthusiasm for keeping up to date with current affairs and the life sciences sector.
- A professional individual with exceptional attention to detail.
- Personal gravitas and standing to interact with clients and other advisors at C-suite level.
Our success is underpinned by our values:
- Blaze a Trail – We push boundaries and set the pace within our industry;
- Move Fast -We anticipate change and respond quickly;
- Always Connect – We combine skills, experience and perspectives that unite people and organisations; and
- Keep it real – We are open, fair and authentic, always listening and understanding before we respond.
With the recent changes to data protection laws Instinctif Partners Limited is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. To find out more about how we use your personal information and your rights please see our Application Fair Processing Notice.
To apply for this job role please click here