Job Title: Proposal Manager
Start date: Open
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000 per annum plus benefits package dependent on experience
Hours: Full-time office based in our Oxfordshire based offices
Oxford Genetics, a leader in synthetic biology, is a specialised contract research organisation offering services to support the discovery, development and production of biologics, with a particular focus on viral vectors for gene therapy applications. A unifying theme across the portfolio is expertise in DNA design, expression system optimisation, cell line development and engineering of viral delivery systems. We are located within purpose-fitted laboratories at the Oxford Science Park, just South of Oxford.
We are in a phase of rapid expansion and are seeking highly motivated and enthusiastic scientists and engineers to join the team and help facilitate the next stage of our development as a company. We aim to be both innovative and entrepreneurial in everything we do – join us and contribute to this exciting journey!
The primary focus of the Proposal Manager role is to support the Business Development function in collating and responding to requests for custom project proposals. This includes the management of the proposal process by initiating and following up contact with the required Business Development and operational team members and applicable third-party vendors for budgets and obtaining study specific feedback to generate high-quality proposal documents.
Additionally, The Proposal Manager will provide Project and Customer Management support to some operational contracts.
- To work with the Technical Group Leaders, Business Development Owner and other colleagues to develop/improve the proposal templates and processes as the business grows.
- To maintain our proposal template documents and system.
- To update and maintain standard descriptions of services and information for use in client proposals, presentations and marketing activities.
- Develop a clear understanding of the services provided by Oxford Genetics.
- To monitor proposal tasks and stages to ensure milestones are met by all internal teams and third-party vendors delivering a quality proposal to clients in a timely manner.
- To attend planning and strategy calls for proposals as required and prepare and distribute action items to ensure timely deliverables to meet client objectives.
- To work with the Technical Group Leaders to understand the resource requirements to deliver the proposal.
- To work with Finance and the Operational Teams to develop and improve internal cost models for use in margin analysis and be responsible for pricing customer proposals.
- To prepare final draft proposals to ensure that they meet client requirements and objectives and budget where known, ready for final approval of proposal and budget.
- To work with the Business Development, Finance, and the Operational team members to facilitate project initiation. Managing the dissemination of confirmed project information to relevant operational teams, reviewing client information to seek, obtain and discuss internal assumptions and feedback; discussing resourcing needs.
- To ensure revenue forecasting is up-to-date on a CRM system/project accounting system for production of the sales pipeline report.
- Accountable for quality and accuracy of all proposals prepared by and sent out from Oxford Genetics.
- To liaise and maintain relationships with third party vendors or distributors.
- To prepare project plans or schedules in preparation for execution.
- To ensure all work packages are updated on a CRM/ Project accounting system in a timely manner.
- To manage communications between our technical teams and our customers to update on project progress.
Carrying out any other duties commensurate with the grading of the position, as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent industry experience.
- A minimum of 2 years proven experience of managing solutions proposals in a Biotechnology environment.
- Thorough understanding of the custom development process with sound knowledge of biotechnology services.
- Strong listening, communication and interpersonal skills along with excellent oral and written communication skills. You must have excellent writing skills for proposal creation, and preparation alongside input and support from the operational teams.
- Establish and maintain regular contact and an excellent rapport with future and our existing clients.
- Ability to learn quickly and assimilate the detail of project requirements.
- Adaptability and flexibility to changing priorities and ability to work simultaneously on multiple client requests.
- Good computer skills, including use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and CRM systems.
- Previous experience of creating and/or updating cost models.
- Takes own responsibility for personal skill development in continuing to learn current pharmaceutical standards and industry trends.
- Ability to work effectively in a team of remotely-based colleagues and with clients across different time zones.
In addition to undertaking the duties above, the post-holder will be expected to fully adhere to the following:
- To actively participate in their performance review and work towards objectives set.
- To take responsibility for their own professional development ensuring professional standards are maintained and mandatory training is in date.
- To attend training as requested.
Code of Conduct and Quality
- To uphold the company mission and values.
- To support the company in developing an effective work/life balance for employees that meets the needs of the organisation.
- To adhere to quality processes and procedures and strive for continuous quality improvement.
- To observe the company’s Equal Opportunities Policy providing equality of treatment and opportunity to employees, irrespective of sex, sexuality, age, marital status, ethnic origin or disability.
Health & Safety
- To take responsibility for the health & safety of themselves and other persons who may be affected by their omissions or actions at work.
- To promote the company Health and Safety Policy and ensure matters are managed in accordance with it.
- To report accidents, incidents and near misses, implementing corrective action where necessary.
Confidentiality and Data Security
- To comply fully with the duties and responsibilities outlined the company handbook regarding confidentiality.
- To comply with the Data Protection Act 2018 and future similar legislation and ensure that all information collected, stored and used is done so in compliance with the Act.
- To preserve the confidentiality of any information in connection with their employment. This obligation shall continue in perpetuity.
25 days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays, Pension with matched employer contribution to 7%, Health Insurance, Group Life Cover, Glasses Vouchers and a friendly working environment in an exciting and expanding young company.
We have offices in the UK and USA. This role will be located at The Oxford Science Park, just 4 miles south east of Oxford, with parking and good public transport links from Oxford. Our UK office address is: Oxford Genetics Ltd, Robert Robinson Avenue, The Oxford Science Park, Oxford, OX4 4HG.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom without sponsorship.
Please send a CV. Your CV should include evidence that demonstrates how you meet each of the selection criteria for the post using examples of your skills and experience. This may include experience gained in employment, education, or during career breaks. Your application will be judged on the basis of how you demonstrate that you meet the selection criteria stated in the job description. Internal applicants apply directly to the Recruitment inbox and copy in the HR Manager.
By sending us your personal information, you are asking us to hold your data on file and understand that we will only keep it for as long as we need it to comply with the Data Protection Act however, should you wish your e-mail address to be added to our automated vacancies update list in the future, please advise us when you apply, thank you.
DIVERSITY AND EQUALITY OF OPPORTUNITY
We provide all our staff with a welcoming and inclusive workplace that enables and empowers everyone to develop and deliver professional excellence. We recognise diversity is vital for innovation and creativity and value each individual’s contribution. Entry into employment with Oxford Genetics and further progression will be determined by personal merit and the application of criteria related to the duties of the role. The ability to perform the role will be the primary consideration on entry into employment and to successfully pass probation.
The appointment of the successful candidate will be subject to standard pre-employment screening, as applicable to the post. This will include right-to-work in the UK, proof of identity, references and health assessment.
Oxford Genetics only accept CV’s from Partnership Recruitment Agencies. Should you wish to be considered for the future, please read the information on our website under ‘Recruitment Agencies’ and should you be eligible, please complete the online form, thank you.