ABOUT OXFORD GENETICS:
Oxford Genetics, a leader in mammalian cell line engineering, offering products, services and technologies to support the discovery, development and production of biotherapeutics. Our novel technology platforms and evolving capabilities mean we are helping to overcome some of the major challenges facing the biopharma industry, and so deliver on our mission to help our clients build better biologics.
Our global headquarters are at the Oxford Science Park, just South of Oxford in the United Kingdom, and our team has access to a US sales office located in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
Oxford Genetics operates three different technology verticals: Viral Vector, CRISPR Editing and Protein Engineering. Using our proprietary technologies and automated cell line engineering platforms solutions we are able to offer our customers unrivalled capabilities and capacity in the field of mammalian modification. This includes the high-throughput CRISPR modification of cell lines, packaging and producer cell line engineering for gene therapy, and antibody discovery and CHO cell line development.
This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly expanding company as it looks to extend its business development activities. The Business Development Manager for the Mid-Atlantic territory will be responsible for building customer relationships and promoting the technologies, services and products of Oxford Genetics to achieve or exceed sales and profit targets. This role will report to the VP of Global Business Development. The ideal candidate will be someone with excellent commercial experience, a deep understanding of mammalian cell biology, and a passion for cutting edge science.
- Ensure that the quarterly and annual sales targets are achieved for the assigned territory
- Develop a detailed strategic plan to manage your territory; maintain, protect, and grow your business for both short and long-term revenue growth
- Identify your customers’ needs, goals and challenges, and provide solutions to these through the proper positioning of Oxford Genetics products, services, knowledge and expertise; inform, train and influence customers
- Know and be known by your customers; maintain a regular presence within your territory
- Follow-up on leads, close action items and customer requests completely and in a timely fashion
- Secure targeted meetings to identify and advance opportunities with your customers
- Identify and map the key stakeholders and decision makers around projects and opportunities in your territory
- Create and deliver presentations; coordinating appropriate resources for customer visits
- Lead and organize internal partners around presenting to, or supporting your customers; provide input and direction on content, customer needs, drivers, audience profile, etc.
- Manage forecasting and pipeline by utilizing the CRM to manage, track, and report on all sales activities; provide, accurate, detailed forecasts for your territory
- Work collaboratively with all business partners (customer service, technical service, marketing and project management, etc.) to handle customer requests
- Carrying out any other duties commensurate with the grading of the postilion, as required
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS OR EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required in related scientific discipline; degree in biological or chemical sciences
- Previous experience in contract or services negotiations, or licensing
- Some laboratory experience preferred
- Previous sales experience required (five+ years in related industry required)
- Experience in mammalian expression/bioproduction systems and/or gene therapy and/or virology would be an advantage
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Entrepreneurial spirit, assertive and can manage abstract commercial situations
- Ability to understand highly technical concepts and then explain these and their benefits to others
- Excellent understanding of pharma and biotech drug discovery and manufacturing process
- Demonstrated ability to acquire, grow and retain clients
- Experience developing and executing strategic business plans
- Demonstrated experience in presenting to senior levels of the client organization
- Excellent communication skills: verbal, written and through presentations
- Solid understanding of sales processes and CRM
- The ability to travel up to approximately 50% of the time on occasion
- Being able to effectively deal with ambiguity
In addition to undertaking the duties above, the post-holder will be expected to fully adhere to the following:
- To actively participate in their performance review and work towards objectives and targets set.
- To take responsibility for their own professional development ensuring professional standards are maintained and mandatory training is in date.
- To attend training as requested.
Code of Conduct and Quality
- To uphold the company mission and values.
- To adhere to quality processes and procedures and strive for continuous quality improvement.
- To observe the company’s Equal Opportunities Policy providing equality of treatment and opportunity to employees, irrespective of sex, sexuality, age, marital status, ethnic origin or disability.
Health & Safety
- To take responsibility for the health & safety of themselves and other persons who may be affected by their omissions or actions at work.
- To promote the company Health and Safety Policy and ensure matters are managed in accordance with it.
- To report accidents, incidents and near misses, implementing corrective action where necessary.
Confidentiality and Data Security
- To comply fully with the duties and responsibilities outlined the company handbook regarding confidentiality.
- To ensure that all information collected, stored and used is done so in compliance with legislation
- To preserve the confidentiality of any information in connection with their employment.This obligation shall continue in perpetuity.
20 days Paid Time Off plus Public Holidays, 401K & USA Health Insurance / Medical Cover and a friendly working environment in an exciting and expanding young company.
We have offices in the UK and USA. This role will be located in the USA – potential locations for this role are Philadelphia or possibly Boston. Our UK office address is: Oxford Genetics Ltd, Robert Robinson Avenue, The Oxford Science Park, Oxford, OX4 4HG.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States of America without sponsorship / visa.
Please send a CV. Your CV should include evidence that demonstrates how you meet each of the selection criteria for the post using examples of your skills and experience. This may include experience gained in employment, education, or during career breaks. Your application will be judged on the basis of how you demonstrate that you meet the selection criteria stated in the job description. Internal applicants apply directly to the Recruitment inbox and copy in the HR Manager.
By sending us your personal information, you are asking us to hold your data on file and understand that we will only keep it for as long as we need it to comply with the Data Protection Act however, should you wish your e-mail address to be added to our automated vacancies update list in the future, please advise us when you apply, thank you.
DIVERSITY AND EQUALITY OF OPPORTUNITY
We provide all our staff with a welcoming and inclusive workplace that enables and empowers everyone to develop and deliver professional excellence. We recognise diversity is vital for innovation and creativity and value each individual’s contribution. Entry into employment with Oxford Genetics and further progression will be determined by personal merit and the application of criteria related to the duties of the role. The ability to perform the role will be the primary consideration on entry into employment and to successfully pass probation.
The appointment of the successful candidate will be subject to standard pre-employment screening, as applicable to the post. This will include right-to-work in the USA, proof of identity, references and health assessment.
Oxford Genetics only accept CV’s from Partnership Recruitment Agencies. Should you wish to be considered for the future, please complete read the information on our website under ‘Recruitment Agencies’ and should you be eligible, please complete the online form for our Spring Annual Review, thank you.