Blue Earth Diagnostics is looking for a self-motivated, organised, proactive and innovative Information Manager and Data Protection Officer, who is passionate about information, records management and data protection.
Information and records are vital to Blue Earth Diagnostics and the post holder will be responsible for developing innovative approaches to managing and protecting BEDs information and records throughout the whole lifecycle while ensuring compliance with pharmaceutical GxP and data protection regulations. The job holder is the nominated archivist for GCP compliance.
The post holder will have a high degree of independence and must be able to prioritise their own workload, while working with different stakeholders to advise and support them with their needs. Experience of working with internal and external stakeholders to address information problems through policy, process or behavioural change and a varied cultural landscape will be essential.
We expect the post holder to monitor trends and threats in information management and data protection and develop and implement plans (often with IT and legal) to ensure BED is always at the forefront and prepared for the future.
Knowledge of the relationship between information management, UK law and other regulatory regimes, such as data protection or Good Clinical Practice (GCP) will be required.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills will be essential.
The Information Manager responsibilities include:
- Developing and maintaining SOPs and policies,
- Training staff
- Advising staff on appropriate information and records retention timescales and approaches
- Reviewing and liaising with external stakeholders on records and information management via contracts
- Building a good relationship with members of staff to ensure information and records management is always maintained throughout the organisation
- Managing the company archive
The Data Protection Officer responsibilities include:
- Act as a senior source of professional expertise across BED and responding to enquiries from staff members, stakeholders and external data processors
- Work with Senior Management and Heads of Department to strategically influence DP across the organisation
- Work with the legal team to ensure contractual obligations are maintained and fulfilled
- Lead and embed good DP practices within BED, e.g. through regular staff training, ensuring SOPs and policies are up to date, and support staff with data protection impact assessments
- Lead and support BEDs incident/breach management process
- Identify and support activities which deliver benefits to the DP program at BED
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree; extended working experience in the area of interest may be an acceptable alternative.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a relevant area such as quality systems, librarian, archivist, or data protection services in a pharmaceutical environment. Experience of GCP is an advantage.
- You must be legally authorised to be employed in the UK.
For further information and to apply please visit http://www.blueearthdiagnostics.com/careers/#InformationManagerDataProtectionOfficer